The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   The Dressage Divas Club (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/dressage-divas-club-24762/)

~*~anebel~*~ 03-22-2009 08:28 PM

The Dressage Divas Club

Sweet. Now that we have a forum, we need a club. Post what you've been up to, what you're working on with your horse and why you all love this sport so much!
Dressage Divas only!!

xoxo

farmpony84 03-22-2009 08:49 PM

What! Dressage Diva's only! HMPH! I'm posting just because! LOL...

You guys earned your own club, enjoy it! And even though I'm not dressage I'll post because I'm having a really really hard time! I'm practicing on tracking to the right and left, I'm trying to gain suppleness but right now my hands and my legs are screwing everything up! I am purposely over doing it, bending his head so I can see actually more then just eye lashes but not allowing him to bend at the shoulder... I can't seem to get my legs and my hands to work very well together yet so my dance is still off... It's not dressage but it's the same type of thing....

~*~anebel~*~ 03-22-2009 09:33 PM

Cool farmpony, thanks for the update :P
You get what I mean though, if you're brave enough to click on the link and post I think that makes you a Dressage Diva.

We had our area dressage club AGM yesterday. It was very scandalous this year and I think a lot of people are final riding the wave to change, we almost got a new president elected. But after a tie breaker it was decided to stick with the current president. I know that after that many people on the new executive are going to be busy writing proposals and trying to make some change so that next year we can really step it up!
Among other conversation topics were the many symposiums coming up including the wonderful Christoph Hess!! There has been a lot of interest in recent years to get him to come and do a young horse symposium. I will be applying to ride because my horse is 6 this year and my coach is determined that I'm going to be doing the FEI 6 year olds with my horse.
Lisa Wilcox is also coming again in two weeks.
There was more talk about our CDI** and the show comittee was up in full force talking about sponsorship and getting general support from the area.
And there were the usual discussions and nearly missed cat fights. Overall an interesting meeting that got absolutely nothing accomplished.

And my coach is in California this weekend competing - I'll update when results are up!

I haven't been riding my horse because there is just something not right, hopefully a new farrier will make the whole thing better, and the saddle fitters are here on thursday. In the mean time I'm riding my mother horse because she's away and a girl at the barn is away and wanted me to ride her horse as well. Of course he's a 17.2 hh Trakhener hahaha. It should be fun!

free_sprtd 03-22-2009 10:00 PM

I've been taking dressage lessons once a week and I FINALLY got my posting on the correct diagonal. It felt so good to be moving consistantly and be able to KNOW what and how I got it like that.

Spyder 03-22-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84 (Post 275128)
What! Dressage Diva's only! HMPH! I'm posting just because! LOL...

:-P:lol::-P:lol: LOL FP

You do NOT want to know what I have been up to...LOL:-P

Miss Katie 03-23-2009 01:49 AM

Aww way to go free_sprtd.

Ive been working on riding a proper half halt and using my weight correctly and because of that Clo bear has improved in a big way. She is using her back consistantly now and is so soft in front. I love that feeling.
We are also working on walk to canter transitions. And yesterday experimented with flying changes. She did fairly well, and got some good ones in towards the end. We need to work a lot more on getting her off the forehand and into a more ballenced canter tho, before we get serious about schooling flying changes. I just wanted to see how she would react.
She tries hard tho and does very well for an old, very downhill cowpony type.

Nudge is a dif story tho. He is a stargazer, and Im trying to get him to flex, and bend around my leg when we school circles. But its not happening. He's off in his own little world and not listening to me. And in my attempts to get him to move off my leg I manage to get myself off ballance and make things even worse. Im going to try and get the onlydecent pony club instructor to come on Sunday tho, and work with me.

Ill also be getting the chiro out soon to give the babies their complete checkover/ massage/ putting-anything-that-is-out-back-in-its-place session (Im gonna work on getting 2 of theses sessions each year). And while she is out I'll have her look at Nudge's saddle as well. Something just never feels quite right when Im riding him.

Skyhuntress 03-23-2009 12:03 PM

I've been working on really using my outside aids correctly. Enrique is also slowly starting extension, and he's none too thrilled about it, and still a bit unbalanced, but when we get it, its gorgeous, even if its only for 3-4 strides ;)

And Costa got started Thursday!! :P So I'm helping working with him and he can now lunge on a circle. So tuesday we are introducing a bit. Yay baby!

danastark 03-24-2009 12:10 AM

Well, we've been getting my 4 1/2 yr. old ready for his first dressage competition. He's a big guy, almost 18 hds., 1800 lbs. and we're trying to teach him to bend on circles and go straight across diagonals, keep a steady pace at the trot, things like that. Very basic and he's coming along. He's very willing and has plenty of go which is great. Next step is canter transitions!! I'm still working on getting my right foot/ankle moving again after a serious crush injury, takes a long time to come back from an injury, huh? Anyways, it's fun to finally begin his serious education!

wanderlust 03-24-2009 07:45 PM

I just started riding a horse who was used mostly as a western trail horse. Today I spent time getting her to halt with very slight pressure from my fingers closing on the reins, and sitting deeper, and saying "ho". she got it so well!

~*~anebel~*~ 03-26-2009 08:23 PM

The saddle fitter was out today and she said that the dusting patterns from my saddle were perfect! She just added some air and we were good to go. She also really liked my horse :D

Riding my mom's horse for the past few days was fun. Everyone at the barn now thinks he's really nice because he actually has gaits... :P

And I've been riding the girl who is away's horse and he is huge and makes you WORK when you ride wow. He has a massive stride and likes to go!

PS. Skyhuntress is blue seriously 18.2hh??? I thought he was only like 17.2...