The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Follow up to the first "bummed out" video..... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/follow-up-first-bummed-out-video-24901/)

centrestableswendy 03-25-2009 10:17 AM

Follow up to the first "bummed out" video.....

Here are 2 more videos to go along with the one I put up last week. This is only the second time I've ridden Stevie since I posted the last video, and it has been an interesting week, lol. I rode her Monday, and she bucked me the entire length of the indoor(I STAYED ON!!!!! :)). I rode her last night, and she kept spooking at one end of the indoor, and was VERY fresh. I was determined to ride her, so.......I did. I have taken my stirrups up a hole, and was trying to focus on keeping my legs quieter and sitting deeper. I know she looks a little strung out and isn't collected in this video. We are taking baby steps to make all of the changes that were suggested to me on HF. With my brain injury, balance issues, and cast on my arm, I don't want to make too many adjustments at once, or I could end up on the ground. I hope you guys like it, and feel free to leave comments, good or bad.
Pictures by wdc1980 - Photobucket

Flyinghigh12 03-25-2009 12:57 PM

She's looks like she's doing alot better in the indoor arena then she sounded earlier which will make its easier for you to work on ur position. I would recomend that you try riding with no sturrips if you can. You're legs look quiet its you're upper body that itsn't haha.. you're arms are still very stiff and not moving but with excercises and stuff it'll come along great! Keep it up!!

centrestableswendy 03-25-2009 01:04 PM

Thanks Flyinghigh. It's all about the baby steps, lol. I was having a hard time focusing last night, and my trainer had me keeping her on a very tight rein so she wouldn't bolt. I'm going to try to drop my stirrups tonight, depending on how she is behaving. Mare's in spring......gotta love 'em, *sigh*. What exercises can I do to relax my arms and keep them still?? Any suggestions will be tried, just keep in mind of the balance issues and the cast, lol. Thanks for the compliments Flying!

Hoofprints in the Sand 03-28-2009 08:28 AM

Wendy you're looking great on her!! :-)

centrestableswendy 03-28-2009 11:08 PM

Thanks Stef! We just moved to the new barn today, but everyone settled in really well, and I may ride her tomorrow.

smrobs 03-29-2009 01:37 AM

Looks like you are doing pretty dang good. I know lots of people without balance issues who can't ride a horse when it bucks so good for you!!! Just keep up the good work and you will get there. I don't know much about english so I won't critique the riding.

centrestableswendy 03-29-2009 11:43 AM

Thanks smrobs! I'm still not quite sure how I stayed on, lmao! I think I was just more determined to stay on than she was to get me off!