The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Possible purchase. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/possible-purchase-24916/)

reining girl 03-25-2009 04:50 PM

Possible purchase.

I have someone coming out next weekend to come look at duchess, and she wants to buy her. If duchess does sell, this is the horse i am going to go try out, hopefully he will still be for sale. He is exactly what im looking for, well broke, 16.0 hands, ready to run the barrel pattern, nice color(i like greys), and he is only 7. I know in the one picture he kinda looks doen hill, its because of the ground, it dips down were his front feet are. I also will put the video up, he lopes nice circles, gives you his face, his stop aint the best, but she pulled on the bit to hard. His price is also dropped to $2,500 (obo) she needs to pay the tax man. I will also include his pedigree, he has nice pedigree. His moms sire, clockers choice, my barrel trainer bred one of her mares to him a long time ago. She loved him, he threw nice babies. Anyways, let me know what you think.
Smoking Illusion - Quarter Horse for Sale in Oakland, Oregon OR (add with the pictures)
Smoking Illusion Quarter Horse (pedigree)
(video)

reining girl 03-25-2009 04:55 PM

He really is what im looking for, i hope duchess will sell, but im not holding my breath. Im not going to e-mail her until duchess sells, i dont want to waste her time, especially if duchess dont sell. He is lazy, but he will run, granted youll have to make him run, but for a person just starting out in barrels, you want a lazier horse, not a wild child lol. I have done barrels before, but never ran them nothing serious. And with him being calmer (lazy) he will be a great start for me, my barrel trainer thinks so to. Let me know what you think, i know those arent the best critique pics, but you still can tell somewhat from them.

mls 03-25-2009 04:56 PM

I would ask for another video. That rider is so in his face, he can't maintain a consistent gait. I had to look hard to tell if he was sound.

reining girl 03-25-2009 05:10 PM

why wouldnt he be sound? I know she is really in his face, but i never saw any unsoundness look to him at all????

mls 03-25-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reining girl (Post 276982)
why wouldnt he be sound? I know she is really in his face, but i never saw any unsoundness look to him at all????

He's never consistent to be able to tell. The entire ride his head is yanked to the inside of the circle.

I would like to see him moving in a straight line away and back at a walk and a trot.

reining girl 03-25-2009 05:18 PM

If i do sell duchess, i will ask for a video like that. I will of coarse get a vet check, i will always do that no matter what horse i go to look at. I dont think he is unsound, like you said i think its the rider. She is very hard with her hands, she rides her barrels horses like that too when she is running the barrels, she (no offense men) but she rides her barrel horses like a man rides barrel horses lol, if you have ever seen them.

reining girl 03-25-2009 05:19 PM

Im not saying all men that barrel race are bad, but alot of them are. Just my opinion, dont lash out at me. =)

KTSpeedhorse 03-25-2009 05:22 PM

Bloodlines aren't too awful impressive Three Bars is way back, but the horse is beautiful looks like he needs to soften up a bit but that chick is really riding too much with her hands. Nothing is to say that he wouldn't be a good barrel horse tho. I think they are asking a bit much.

reining girl 03-25-2009 05:26 PM

Ya, alot of his bloodlines are older barrel horse bloodlines from back in those days, clockers choice was a race horse si of 95, there just not reall popular bloodlines, but just starting out in barrels, im not looking for the next NFR horse lol.

reining girl 03-25-2009 05:30 PM

To me pedigree is not a major thing, i mean look at scamper and hot shot, there pedigrees are nothing amazing and look at what they have done. Also, since im just starting out in barrel racing, i just want something that can run the barrel pattern, i dont care if it gets me nothing but 4D times, as long as i learn on it.