The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Know Any Good Horse Movies? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/know-any-good-horse-movies-24970/)

Malorey 03-26-2009 01:33 PM

Know Any Good Horse Movies?

I am buying a bunch of Horse movies, but all the ones I know of have left my mind now that I am going to buy them! :-P

I already own -

Spirit (SOTC)
Black Beauty
Seabiscuit
Racing Stripes
The Young Black Stallion
Virginia's Run
Felicity - An American Girl Adventure
The Derby Stallion
Shergar
National Velvet (1944 Version)
The Nobel Horse (NG Informative Film)
The Saddle Club (Horse Crazy I believe this movie is called)

I am buying -

The Silver Stallion
The Long Shot
Hidalgo

Thanks!

MN Tigerstripes 03-26-2009 01:54 PM

The original Black Stallion,
Black Stallion Returns,
Phar Lap,
The Man from Snowy River,
The Return to Snowy River (these are kinda horse movies kinda cowboy-love story movies),
My Friend Flicka (book is WAY better),
The Horse Whisperer,
Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken,
The White Stallion,
El Caballo Wild Horses of North America (documentary, I haven't seen, but heard is good),
Running Free

Malorey 03-26-2009 01:55 PM

Ahh, alot of them sound familier now that somebody named them! Hehe.

dressageappy 03-26-2009 03:36 PM

International Velvet

Actually wal mart has a 4 disk horse dvd set that has National Velvet, International Velvet, Black Beauty and another one I can't think of....:lol: I think it was like $10.00. A good deal!

sandy2u1 03-26-2009 08:38 PM

'Sylvester' was a really good horse movie I thought.

RadHenry09 03-26-2009 09:41 PM

I just bought some horse movies for my daughter off of ebay a few weeks ago , they included The Long Shot , Sylvester , Saddle club "Mane Event"....She really likes MoonDance Alexander and we just recently watched the miracle of the white stallions, and I also liked touching wild horses. She also likes the movie Horse crazy but it isnt the saddle club, Leap of Faith , Misty,red fury. are some others..Looking at my dvd collection we sure have alot of horse movies. Mostly Family Films. I think most of them came from the Walmart bargain bin which saved alot of $ and when we cant make it to the barn we just pop some popcorn and have a movie fest!

Equuestriaan 03-27-2009 07:31 AM

Sylvester is a GREAT movie about eventing. Most horse movies are about wild horses or racing -- this is the only good *english riding* movie I have ever seen. Really good riding scenes -- the star can ride VERY well! Go get it! =D

welshy 03-27-2009 05:01 PM

i can think of:

-International velvet

-My friend flicka and the Thunderhead series (i'd recommend the book too)

-The colt

-THE SILVER BRUMBY!!! (i've read all the books!) (there is a film and a children's series)

-The horse whisperer (i thought it was sad)

-The long shot

-Running free (narrated by the horse in it)

-The Black stallion returns

-Champions (true story of Bob Champion, overcoming cancer and winning the Grand National. One of the best films i've seen!)

-Dreamer (also based on a true story)

Can i ask if anyone's seen Champion the Wonder Horse? it was a series about a wild stallion

Finn88 09-07-2009 05:55 PM

I abolutely love Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken! My favorite movie as a kid. And the Snowy River movies are great.

SpiritJordanRivers 09-07-2009 06:06 PM

Don't ever forget . . .

Ruffian

and

The Longshot