The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Trailers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/)
-   -   shadow trailers? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/shadow-trailers-25014/)

aqhaktberry3 03-27-2009 11:37 AM

shadow trailers?

Hey everyone! Im looking at getting a new trailer and I was wondernig if anyone has a Shadow trailer and if so what are your opinions on it? Thanks!

aqhaktberry3 04-01-2009 10:22 AM

Anyone?

LauraB 04-01-2009 08:23 PM

I saw them at a horse expo last year. Honestly I would avoid them, they didn't look that great to me compared to other brands.

aqhaktberry3 05-05-2009 09:55 AM

Bump Bump Bump

Vidaloco 05-10-2009 10:13 PM

I took a look at the web site. They look pretty nice to me. I like to see a lot of padding in the horse area. So many manufacturers don't put anything on the dividers, just bare metal sometime with nuts and bolts sticking out :shock:.
Always check the horse area for anything that could hurt your horse, Rough edges, sharp welds, that sort of thing.
I've never seen this brand of trailer, must be fairly new?

kickshaw 05-11-2009 07:54 PM

they are new, but seem to be built fairly well. I wouldn't pass one up if it were a great deal, but honestly for the money, you can get a more well-established name. :-)

Dunoir 05-22-2009 12:22 PM

I have an '03 2H GN Shadow with a weekend package in it and am very happy with the trailer. The horse area roof is insulated, the divider latch is excellently made, it has drop down windows with bars and screens, and the locks on the doors are the same as those put on Hart trailers.

I agree that Shadow isn't the top of the line trailer, but how many can afford those? It's not comparable to Bloomer, Elite, or 4-Star, but they are a decently made affordable trailer.

They are made in Fla, so they are very popular here and I have 5 trail riding camping friends that have Shadows.