The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   Don't you hate it when... (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/dont-you-hate-when-25048/)

IheartPheobe 03-27-2009 11:48 PM

Don't you hate it when...

There was this girl in my lesson on Wednesday, riding this horse Gus, whose old and kinda slow. He's very clutzy, and she was basically SMASHING him into jumps. We were all like, ready to slap her. In all seriousness, it looked like she was TRYING to miss the course.

She'd turn him at the jumps and then not steer or try to hold him together at all. She was leaning on his kneck and her heel was way up; I have no idea how she even got into my lesson.
I really hate when people who have no idea what they're doing are aloud to ruin a perfectly good horse. =P

Flyinghigh12 03-28-2009 12:49 AM

Aww thats sad, and really too bad!

Baby Doll Amy 03-28-2009 01:17 AM

thats really sad and nasty on the horse

xx chico 03-28-2009 01:23 AM

Yeah, could you talk to the coach about it maybe?
Shouldn't your coach be correcting this anyways? Or was she, and the girl was just not listening?

ridingismylife2 03-28-2009 04:53 AM

i hate it too!
and i also hate it when someone doesn't listen to the instructer and takes up the whole lesson messing up etc, so that means we don't get to jump as much since that person has to start over everytime they mess up!!!
>:/
they should go to easier lessons if they don't know wat they are doing!

IheartPheobe 03-28-2009 10:06 AM

Well, the instructor was telling her to steer and stuff, which the girl would not listen to, so she had to go around over and over and over and over and over, while we sat there waiting. =P

PoptartShop 03-30-2009 02:05 AM

Ah, I have to agree on this one. :evil: It's like, the horse has so much potential, & they are just smashing it down. :( That girl needs some more training.

IheartPheobe 04-03-2009 10:16 AM

Yeah. : PP
I was just sitting there, waiting for the instructor to tell her to get off that horse. >.<

Aliboo 04-03-2009 10:57 AM

Yeah Im glad I cant say the same for my stable, because my instructor corrects our mistakes every time we make them, and builds a longer term of relationship. I think it is also important to educate this rider though, and be a bit more positive. She needs to understand exactly what she is doing incorrectly

xeventer17 04-03-2009 11:20 AM

i hate that too! there's a girl that i teach that's like that and she just doesn't listen to me!!
also, my biggest pet peeve is when they blame it on the horse >.<