The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   First Post....Help me name my "farm" (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/first-post-help-me-name-my-25117/)

Peruvian9 03-29-2009 01:46 PM

First Post....Help me name my "farm"

Hi,
This is my first post here....I own one Peruvian Paso, one Paso Fino, 2 Pit bulls and one Weimaraner.
My husband and I are trying to come up with names for our farm. Eventually I would like to board a few horses. I promote Natural Horsemanship and safe trail riding....
I'm trying to think of things I could incorporate into the name...it has a creek running thru it...but I don't like the creeks' name...{ Hog Creek }Yeah right??? { I am thinking I'll rename the portion that runs thru our property.
Then of course.....the Paso .....could be incorporated into the name. I sort of wanted something short and sweet and to the point.

I thought:
Sunset Ranch
Blessings Farm
Hidden Trails Farm/Ranch
Whispering Trails Farm
Copper Creek Ranch***

He came up with
Our last name in the title...then Pit Creek Pasos.

Our last name begins with an "S" ...so I thought...Circle S Ranch.
Or...my children's first names begin with T...so I thought
Double T Ranch????

Ummm....the address is 6665.....so that's out...
The name of the Road is nothing special.....
I do love my Pasos....but what if I "fell in love" with another breed. I've been researching Mangalarga Marchadors.....and the North American Single Foot Horse too...So including Paso into the Farm name would exclude the fact that I may own/breed Marchadors eventually.

Some people say incorporate one of your horses' names in the Title...
I've had a Topsy, Shane, Avante', OJ, Phoenix and Hija'......

The only one I really sway towards is Phoenix...and there is already and Phoenix Farm { for Peruvian Pasos } in New York!

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

ChexMix1000 03-29-2009 02:22 PM

I really REALLY like your idea for Copper Creek Ranch. It doesn't include a breed in there, which is good because as you said before, you may find a new breed that's totally unique and you may just "fall" for that. If you don't find Copper Creek Ranch very attractive, then I also like your idea for Circle S Ranch. It's catchy, and most people won't know that the 'S' stands for your last name.
If you are planning on branding your horses, Circle S Ranch would come in handy. You could either do an S in a circle, or an SR in a circle. Or whatever else you may come up with :P

Currently I live on a dairy farm, where I work full time in exchange for room and board for my animals.
Hope I helped, though my brain is somewhat mushy right now.
xoxoxo

Peruvian9 03-29-2009 03:36 PM

Thanks so much for dropping a note....I'm glad you like Copper Creek Ranch. I really liked it too. Hope I can convince my husband that it's a good one! "They say".....{who ever they is} with advertising it's better to be at the beginning of the Alphabet...instead of the end....so "C" is good!

ChexMix1000 03-29-2009 03:46 PM

I love it here, actually. It's a forty-five acre property and we've got about a thirty+ herd of goats right now. My job consists of milking mornings and evenings, feeding, and answering telephones, but I get to work with animals all day, every day which is what I've always dreamed of!

What do you do with your horses, currently? Do you show them?

FunDad 03-29-2009 07:28 PM

Peruvian9, it sounds to me like your family consists of 4 people. How about 4S Creek Ranch? I'm not known for being a creative kind of guy but, it just popped in my head when I was reading your post. Good luck!

Starlight 03-29-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChexMix1000 (Post 279284)
I really REALLY like your idea for Copper Creek Ranch. It doesn't include a breed in there, which is good because as you said before, you may find a new breed that's totally unique and you may just "fall" for that. If you don't find Copper Creek Ranch very attractive, then I also like your idea for Circle S Ranch. It's catchy, and most people won't know that the 'S' stands for your last name.
If you are planning on branding your horses, Circle S Ranch would come in handy. You could either do an S in a circle, or an SR in a circle. Or whatever else you may come up with :P

Hope I helped, though my brain is somewhat mushy right now.
xoxoxo

I agree!!!

starlinestables 04-02-2009 04:14 AM

Are you religious? How bout Cross Creek Farm or Ranch? It could be a religious aspect or it could related to trail riding because you cross creeks when you ride?

starlinestables 04-02-2009 04:17 AM

"Gaited Creek Farm" since you like gaited horses in general. "Trail Creek Farm" "Gaited S Farms", "Lazy Trail Farm"...

hillbillyin 04-03-2009 07:25 AM

I think Copper Creek is a great name! We call our place Sippo Park, because once when we were at my mother-in-law's lake home, there had been a big storm, and a sign washed up on her shore that had "Sippo Park" etched in the wood and painted in. My husband thought it was cool, so we kept it. I like it because it's kind of country sounding, and not something you'll hear everywhere. My hubby wanted to re-name my quarter/paint gelding Sippo---I said "What's his full name, Sippo' Beer?"----needless to say, I didn't change his name, it's still Sir Charles.

ilovemyPhillip 04-04-2009 04:02 PM

My farm is called Laural Lake Farm, we have two lakes, and are growing Moutian Laurals. What do you have on your property? The name could be "-- Creek Ranch" are there streams running out of the creek? I have an idea.... Maybe "Seven Streams Farm"? hmm just an idea :)