The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Chicks Discount Saddlery? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/chicks-discount-saddlery-251345/)

Mandy87 08-08-2013 01:53 PM

Chicks Discount Saddlery?

Hi, I was just wondering if any of you have ordered anything from them and your experiences with them. Yesterday I ordered a saddle pad, rubber riding boots and a beginner western saddle. Have you bought any of these?
Thanks!

Inga 08-08-2013 01:58 PM

I never bought any of those items but I had ordered from them about 20 years ago and was pleased with what I got. Just kind of forget about them when it comes to ordering anything these days. Will be interesting to see what experiences others have had with that company.

smrobs 08-08-2013 02:13 PM

I have ordered a lot from them over the years. The only problem I've noticed with them (and basically every other discount online tack store) is that you have to be really careful what you get. Some of the stuff they sell is great quality and the price is a steal....other stuff is crap quality and overpriced.

The only thing that concerns me that you mentioned is the "beginner western saddle". Generally speaking, those saddle packages that are so popular and only cost 2-3 hundred dollars are terrible quality. Most of those saddles, you couldn't pay me to put them on a horse I hated.

I hope yours is the exception to the rule.

KigerQueen 08-08-2013 05:53 PM

My first saddle was a packaged deal. The saddle was not made symmetrically and did not fit my horse when most semi QH bard saddles do. The saddle is nice to look at but painful to ride in. I'm using a bear-trap saddle that was given to me now. I suggest you buy a nice saddle and buy most of the other tack you need from the local Clist.

stevenson 08-08-2013 06:15 PM

I have used them. Please with most things. I would never purchase a saddle on line.

Rawhide 08-08-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenson (Post 3296585)
I have used them. Please with most things. I would never purchase a saddle on line.

Same here ,pleased with most items purchased from them. Only once years ago ordered saddle pad and was sent wrong one (brand and color/design). However when called to send back I was given option to keep it or send it back. I keeped it because I could use it and cost about $30 more than pad I originally ordered.

Boone

DancingArabian 08-08-2013 08:43 PM

I love them! Their warehouse is the next state over so I tend to get my orders within three days at regular shipping.

I don't think you will end up happy with the saddle though. A lot of the mail order places carry cheapie saddles and they're almost always junk.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cowgirls Boots 08-08-2013 09:03 PM

125 Attachment(s)
I also use them. They're really good.
Posted via Mobile Device

littleamy76 08-08-2013 09:08 PM

I bought the beginner's english saddle package many many years ago. Although I never used it, I sold it to someone who later told me his wife used it daily and loved it. So I don't know about the quality. I had no problems ordering from them and I don't think it took too long for it to be delivered.

Sevastion27 08-08-2013 09:39 PM

Not sure about that saddle, if you can afford it I highly suggest buying a custom made saddle! Took me years to get mine but I wouldn't trade it for any other saddle in the world! And I've used tons of different kinds
Posted via Mobile Device