The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   How do you find your shows? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/how-do-you-find-your-shows-251978/)

TrojanCowgirl 08-09-2013 07:04 AM

How do you find your shows?

Hey there, I've never shown before... I've entered one gymkhana in my entire horsey-life but I want to do more. My mare and I are training for Show Jumping and hoping to compete this fall... however I'm finding it really difficult to find any shows!! I would prefer to show at a two or three schooling shows before we move up to a more competitive show. How do you all manage to find yours? Can anyone recommend any in my area (Arizona, willing to travel almost anywhere)? Thanks!

verona1016 08-09-2013 07:45 PM

You probably have a regional organization that sponsors/approves them. For example, I've only shown dressage, and all the dressage shows (schooling shows included) in my area are listed on the Oregon Dressage Society's website. I'm thinking about showing my horse at a hunter schooling show now, and I can find those listed on the Oregon Hunter Jumper Association's website. You should have similar organizations in your area.

howrsegirl123 08-17-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrojanCowgirl (Post 3301906)
Hey there, I've never shown before... I've entered one gymkhana in my entire horsey-life but I want to do more. My mare and I are training for Show Jumping and hoping to compete this fall... however I'm finding it really difficult to find any shows!! I would prefer to show at a two or three schooling shows before we move up to a more competitive show. How do you all manage to find yours? Can anyone recommend any in my area (Arizona, willing to travel almost anywhere)? Thanks!

If you have Facebook, that's a great way. I found out about several local riding clubs that host shows all summer.

GamingGrrl 08-17-2013 10:22 PM

Craigslist, Facebook, word of mouth, flyers in stables, feed stores, and tack stores.
Posted via Mobile Device

howrsegirl123 08-17-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamingGrrl (Post 3385122)
Craigslist, Facebook, word of mouth, flyers in stables, feed stores, and tack stores.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes
Posted via Mobile Device

TrojanCowgirl 08-19-2013 04:32 PM

Awesome! Thank you guys so much... I'm literally so new to showing you have no idea... it's kind of embarrassing! Thanks for your help. :)