The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Some more jumping! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/some-more-jumping-25200/)

Hoofprints in the Sand 03-30-2009 08:58 PM

Some more jumping!

OK so for those of you who have been following the videos and posts of Sandie and I learning to jump together, here's another one for your viewing pleasure!! Sandie and I took a stab at our first little line of jumps all together :-) This is week 5 of us learning to jump together, and I think she's progressing faster than I am! The first jump she jumped a LOT bigger than I expected her to, so don't mind my bad form while the saddle slaps me in the behind! :lol:

At the very end, she picks up her canter, which was AWESOME because I have had this mare for 5 months now and have never cantered on her! My trainer is the only one who can get her to pick it up, she just doesn't know the cue yet and I don't want to just chase her into it so I'm letting him train her first - which is why I got so excited when she picked it up after that 3rd jump :-)

NoFear526 03-30-2009 09:31 PM

If your pony comes up missing tonight, it wasn't me!! =P

Looks like you two are progressing well! Don't be afraid to grab mane to help you stay with her, just in case if she decides to take a jump a big bigger than you plan.

SUPER CUTE!

Congrats on the canter!

xx chico 03-30-2009 09:33 PM

Hehe, whenever I'd get a good smack in the but from my saddle (or whenever anyone in my lessons did) we'd all yell "BUTTLASH!!!" lol. Since we know no one likes getting hit in the tush.

And congrats on her cantering with you, did you ask for it? Or did she just pick it up? Either way it's still exciting cantering a horse you haven't cantered on before, especially when they're green :-)

Good job!!

p.s half halt and let go!!!!! I love it when coaches repeat themselves over, and over, and over. I always start to laugh when mine does it, especially because she will start almost slurring it into one word lmao.

wanderlust 03-30-2009 09:37 PM

woohoo....you both seem to be doing great. I have loved reading and watching about your progression.

Hoofprints in the Sand 03-30-2009 09:38 PM

haha thanks you guys!! :-) Yeah my trainer Rob always tells me to "grab mane" (and I wasn' listening today!)...the trainer in this video was just doing me a fave and giving me pointers, she's a trainer for some of the other boarders who was in between lessons and it was really nice of her to give me some tips! It's hilarious how they all repeat themselves though, you're so right xx chico!! :-D

HEELS DOWN!
GRAB MANE!
HALF HALT AND LET GO!!! lol

"Buttlash" LOL!! I'm going to start using that!!!

xx chico 03-30-2009 09:54 PM

haha, yeah buttlash was deff. one of my faves :-)

Skippy! 03-30-2009 10:08 PM

LOL Buttlash!!

How exciting for that first canter! I remember back when I had Admiral, he was an ex race horse and i took my sweet time asking for the canter because i was afraid he was going to have a LOT of GO! When i finally got it, he did an awesome job! I was like a 2 x 4 in the saddle though. Stiff.as.a.board! LOL! Then he tripped and I about bailed because i thought he was going to bolt, LMAO! I was unbelievably skiddish with him, but he was such a sweet guy. I miss him ;___;

Lovely video! Thanks for sharing!!

My2Geldings 03-31-2009 12:21 PM

You guys looked great. What a gorgeous little horse! loved the coloring!

On a side note, the trainer's voice was driving me nuts! smoke much, eh!

You guys looked great. Looking forwards to seeing more pics and videos in the future :D