The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Good Bloodline cross for my pleasure mare (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/good-bloodline-cross-my-pleasure-mare-252522/)

LMSHORT 08-09-2013 11:05 PM

Good Bloodline cross for my pleasure mare

I am considering breeding my Western Pleasure mare in February 2014. She is a well bred mare and I was just wanting some opinions for what would be the best lines to cross her with for a Western Pleasure prospect. She is a bit hot even at her age so something a little cooler would be nice. This is a link to her bloodlines. Jds Kitten Quarter Horse I have no preference for color, but I would like a tall stallion. Any opinions are welcome except for negative ones about my mare:wink:.

Falcor74 08-10-2013 01:34 PM

I noticed she has Impressive in her lines, so do you know if she has been tested for HYPP? She has good lines, but I would veer off from anything that had any more Three Bars, since she has it on both sides (just my opinion, of course). I would look at Hollywood Dun It, Leo, Poco Bueno, Skipper W, to name a few. They all all foundation stallions, so they bring something back to the breed without too much inbreeding, so they all should compliment your mare.

LMSHORT 08-10-2013 10:00 PM

She is N/N for HYPP. Thank you for your input

farmpony84 08-10-2013 10:18 PM

My favorite is Zips Chocolate Chip although I read he is retired, I bet there is frozen semen. Last time I checked though his fee was $5k.

I'm also a fan of Sudden Vantage, he does have Impressive in his lineage but I don't really have an issue with line breeding and I'm a big fan of the Impressive line. I have 2 and they are smart as can be and have great personalities, although they are built like tanks.

I like my final notice and one hot krymsun. I guess it depends on what you are looking for...

Barrelracingllamalover 08-10-2013 10:52 PM

I'm in love with this stallion and would def breed to hi if I had a nice reg mare.
Nedpoint Quarter Horses - Banjo Whiz

Here's his pedi.

Banjo Whiz Quarter Horse

Barrelracingllamalover 08-10-2013 10:56 PM

I also really like this stallion. I think he is more what you are looking for.
Gonna Wanna Watchit - AQHA Bay Stallion by Potential Investment