The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   My 6 year old paint gelding... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/my-6-year-old-paint-gelding-25255/)

NyHorseGal 03-31-2009 06:57 PM

My 6 year old paint gelding...

4 Attachment(s)
Last Saturday i took some pics of my horse Kalyspo... Please tell me what you think.

In the ring1 picture please ignore the dirty back leg.It was wet,so i had to let it dry while i was riding.

Thanks.:-)

Skippy! 03-31-2009 07:28 PM

Looking at a few of those pictures... do you have problems with his feet? They look sort of small, and have a very "soft" appearance... if that makes sense.. I've had a horrendous time with the pink feet on Paint horses, they tend to hold weird shapes and angles =/ He appears to have a very steep build too (looking at his pasterns and shoulders). Is he due for another trim? His toes seem a hair long, and in the 3rd picture it looks like he is rocked back on his heels because of it. It may just be me over-analyzing though ^^

To keep Jasmine and Skippy! from buckling over, they both had to have their toes chopped. It looked so ouchie x_x!!!

I noticed in the first and last picture he holds his back right leg funny.. is that just how he rests? it just stood out to me =)

What is it with mostly white paints and mud? They just love it dont they?!! And I LOVE his neck! Especially in that second picture. <3

Beautiful horse!!

NyHorseGal 03-31-2009 07:37 PM

Thank you for your comments. :o)

Nope,i have not had any problems with his feet. Its been 6 weeks since he was last done for shoes.

Why do you love his neck?

Ive owned my paint horse for 5 months. :)

Skippy! 03-31-2009 08:29 PM

I really like the way it meets with his throatlatch, as well as the general shape/thickness of it. He seems to have a good natural low headcarriage =) I'd love to see how nice it looks without the wooly-booly hair on it!

His chest also looks really nice, from the pictures i see, it looks really broad =)

New_image 04-01-2009 12:36 AM

He is a little on the thin side for what I like to see. I can't give a good conformation critique with these pictures, hes a really cute boy anyways :)

BarneyBabby 04-01-2009 12:44 AM

I have to agree. His feet seem abit small. Perhaps putting jello powder in his feed. I know it sounds crazy but it does help make the feet grow and it keeps the feet strong.