The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Opinions (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/opinions-252601/)

Nokotaheaven 08-10-2013 02:46 AM

Opinions

This horse is not mine, but one day I will be looking for another horse. Overall I want a horse that can do Speed & Endurance stuff, so I've been looking around to see what kind of horse would be well suited to it. I know this is a bad photo for judging conformation, but this girl really caught my eye, I'm not even sure why, but so far from what I've seen I like her.
What are everyone's thoughts on conformation?
Arb/Quarter Horse cross - City of Toronto Livestock For Sale - Kijiji City of Toronto

Nokotaheaven 08-10-2013 02:50 AM

Here is actually a better judgement of her conformation

Lopin N Paint 08-10-2013 11:09 AM

Cannot comment on confirmation as the photo is poor and the video is so far away coupled with the fact that she is black which makes it difficult to see any curves and definition on the video.

Do you like/want a total retraining project?

I'm not sure, after watching the whole video, what the woman was trying to accomplish but the video showed that the horse can't lunge, cant stand to be mounted, and has very little if any good training.

Around here that horse would sell for around $500.

Nokotaheaven 08-10-2013 05:30 PM

I agree I am not sure either as to what the trainer was trying to accomplish. And to me it doesn't matter the amount of training she has, as long as she has been ridden before and doesn't buck. For everything else, I see she is still learning, plus I would like to do most of the training myself

Elana 08-11-2013 06:50 AM

Any time a horse is only photographed for an ad with a saddle on I figure the seller is trying to hide something. Most horses look better tacked up. A western saddle can hide a lot and can make a long backed weak coupled horse look pretty good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nokotaheaven 08-11-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elana (Post 3318314)
Any time a horse is only photographed for an ad with a saddle on I figure the seller is trying to hide something. Most horses look better tacked up. A western saddle can hide a lot and can make a long backed weak coupled horse look pretty good.
Posted via Mobile Device

But at the same time she's got a number of videos of the horse on youtube, a couple of which there is no tack on the horse

MsBHavin 08-11-2013 01:10 PM

Did you ever get your lame mare worked out? I'd be more concerned with saving as much as monetarily possible for vet funds, finding a trainer to come out and look at horses with you, that way you get a good horse for your money.

Nokotaheaven 08-11-2013 01:15 PM

Yes I did MsBHaven, turned out to be an abscess on her foot. She is fine now thank you, but we sadly ended up selling her just a few weeks ago...
And yeah, thats what I plan to do next time I get a horse

smrobs 08-11-2013 01:58 PM

No way I'd spend that much money on a horse like that. She seems to have a pleasant enough nature to put up with what was being done to her without having a total freakout, but there are a lot of things that would have to be re-trained and corrected before she'd make even a mediocre riding horse.

Also, can't tell anything about conformation except it looks like that saddle really doesn't fit her and she seems really gangly for something that's 5 years old.

Nokotaheaven 08-12-2013 03:51 AM

Around here average price for an average horse is $1,000-3,000. Anything less than $1,000 is generally a baby, pony, or has something wrong with it and therefore cannot be ridden :/
I like that she's at least had a few rides on her and that she seems to have a sweet nature. For my next horse, all I really do want is one who is sweet natured, and has at least a couple rides on her. The rest training wise I can do myself