The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Greetings from Arizona! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/greetings-arizona-252977/)

Jayknee 08-10-2013 06:56 PM

Greetings from Arizona!

I figured I should probably introduce myself and tell everyone a little about me! So here it goes!
My name is Jayknee I am 26! I have 2 horses one gelding he is a quarter/hafflinger cross (thats our best guess) he is 17 years young strawberry roan with the flaxin mane and tale. My mare is 9 she is a Tb/Paint. She has had a rough life before I got her and has the scar to prove it! All I can say is cap your T-posts! I also have 3 cats 2 of which are throw aways! All are fixed! I also have 6 female bettas and 1 male betta. as well as 2 footlong goldfish! And last but not least I also have a husky! Thats it for kritters for now!
I am a self professed hoof nut! People seriously think I have a foot fettish LOL! I am learning to be a farrier I dont do too bad of a job with it! I got tired of paying someone to shoe my mare and leaving her with long toes and underrun heels! I have been triming my gelding for the last few years so I have the triming part down pat. It may take me longer to shape the shoes but I get the job done eventually! When I get
good enough I would like to do it professionally! So many feet to fix so little time.
Posted via Mobile Device

redpony 08-10-2013 07:07 PM

Welcome to the forum, Jayknee! We have some good hoof gurus on here. I lived in AZ when I was little, I miss the desert!
Posted via Mobile Device

HorseLovinLady 08-10-2013 11:46 PM

Welcome to the forum Jayknee!! Please share some pics of your animals with us, we love pics! ;-)

DraftyAiresMum 08-11-2013 12:59 AM

Welcome, Jayknee!

I'm another Arizonan. I would LOVE to learn to trim my own hooves (my gelding's hooves are hard as rock, so he doesn't need shoes). What area of AZ are you in?
Posted via Mobile Device

PaintHorseMares 08-11-2013 05:49 AM

Welcome from the Paint herd in NC!

TrojanCowgirl 08-11-2013 06:00 AM

Welcome! I'm from Arizona too. Welcome to the forum. :)

Jayknee 08-11-2013 08:03 PM

I live in the tiny town of Rimrock Az. Its 1 hr south of Flagstaff and 90min North of Phoenix! As for pics they will be up as soon as I have time to dig them out and post them! No post is truely compleate without pics.

As fot the rock hard feet I know exactly what your talking about! It helps to flood part of the pen the night before so that its slightly muddy. The feet are much easier to do then!
Posted via Mobile Device

DraftyAiresMum 08-11-2013 08:23 PM

Hey! You're not too far from me! I live in Chino Valley (eight miles north of Prescott). :-D
Posted via Mobile Device

Jayknee 08-11-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum (Post 3323289)
Hey! You're not too far from me! I live in Chino Valley (eight miles north of Prescott). :-D
Posted via Mobile Device

I have been to Chino Valley my most recent trip was to the 4 shoes farrier supply! I bet you have at least been to the Cowboy Corner in Presscott at least once! I work in their Camp Verde store I wonder if we have ever met?
I am working on getting the required pic's up ASAP! Their already on photobucket so it should be easy!
Posted via Mobile Device

Jayknee 08-11-2013 09:47 PM

I think I have it figured out so here it goes! I'll start with my gelding and a little disclamer! He is not fat I have had people remark that he is very overweight when in fact he is not. He has a deep heartgirth with a pretty stocky build! He is my cart horse and regularly goes down the road at a trot! This is Lucky at our 4th of July parade pulling his cart looking mighty fancy![IMG]http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...7-04095947.jpg[/IMG]