The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   looking for english tack (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/looking-english-tack-253385/)

thoroughbreddd 08-11-2013 12:37 PM

looking for english tack

I just bought a new horse and need all new tack for her. Here's a list of what I need. Let me know if you have any of it available for sale

English bridle with flash - f/s or o/s
Jumping or all purpose saddle seat size 16/16.5 with a regular tree
Purple polo wraps
Front and hind jumping boots
78 turn out blanket purple
Jumping breastplate with running martingale attachment
Sheepskin or fleece half pad

tlkng1 08-11-2013 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a couple of flash bridles, horse sized. One was used only for showing so is nearly brand new..the other was used for schooling so is a slightly darker color just due to more cleaning..both are the same bridle. The pic indicated is the show bridle version; I can't locate the pic I had of the schooling bridle but both are in excellent condition. $130 for the schooling bridle; $160 for the show version. Bridle retails at $199.99 (Dover Saddlery Showmark Padded Flash).

The bridles have the recessed crown; the noseband goes over the top of the poll and fits into a recessed channel so it doesn't lay directly against the horse's poll. I've had many people, judges and even an FEI dressage rider who have all complemented this bridle on its looks and fit.

I would kill (figuratively) for Showmark to make these in black for the dressage crowd. Since I am trying to break into more dressage and my dressage saddle is black, I need different bridles.

trailwalker 08-11-2013 01:39 PM

I have a used rossi y carruso saddle that doesn't fit my horses. I was gonna use it for a trade in on a new western saddle. Make me an offer
Posted via Mobile Device

thoroughbreddd 08-11-2013 02:04 PM

I'm looking for something a little nicer than a rossi y carruso saddle. Something more along the lines of a collegiate, pessoa, or Toulouse. My budget for everything is around $800.

thoroughbreddd 08-11-2013 02:20 PM

Also need a 5" full cheek slow twist snaffle

tlkng1 08-11-2013 02:23 PM

You might check eBay as well if you haven't already. There are some sellers that offer up full english "packages" where you can get the saddle, bridle and girth in one go. You are going to spend probably half of that $800 on a saddle alone given the styles you are looking for.

RockHorseRanch 08-17-2013 02:40 AM

I have a very nice Bobby's English Tack Bridle for sale:

Bobby's Brown Full Sz Flash Bridle w Brown Padding Raised Laced Reins | eBay

And this new Breastplate:

Bobby's Englishtack Brown Adjustable Breastplate w Running Martingale | eBay

And will posting another 100 or so things for sale over the next few days!:wink: