The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Endurance Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/endurance-riding/)
-   -   Most comfy helmet? (http://www.horseforum.com/endurance-riding/most-comfy-helmet-253585/)

pasturepony 08-11-2013 07:12 PM

Most comfy helmet?

Hi all! Sorry for the million questions!

What is the lightest, most comfortable helmet you can recommend? I'll be running in it for the running portions of the ride and ties so it needs to be comfy!

:)
Thanks!

Joe4d 08-11-2013 09:32 PM

tippery sportage , no harness, just a couple pads to fine tune sizing. They just fit and dont have alot of suspension dial o doodads to mess with and tangle your hair.

pasturepony 08-11-2013 09:39 PM

Oh, good, that's the one I was thinking of :). It's fairly cheap too!

GamingGrrl 08-11-2013 09:41 PM

Ovation deluxe schooler! It's super lightweight and doesn't look goofy or like you have an egg head either.
Posted via Mobile Device

WhyAHorseOfCourse 08-11-2013 09:45 PM

I have a Ovation Deluxe Schooler helmet and it's really comfortable. It stays pretty cool even though I got a black one and I ride in 90+ weather.

Eole 08-11-2013 10:45 PM

I second Tipperary, I just forget I'm wearing it and it looks sleek, no mushroom-head look.

I bought the Ovation Deluxe-schooler for my niece. I was impressed with how light, cute and comfortable it is. I just tried it on, so I really don't know how it would be riding/running for hours. I think the liner is washable, which is a plus.

TrailDustMelody 08-12-2013 04:30 AM

Tipperary Sportage. Very light, great ventilation, sleek, looks great. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 08-12-2013 05:00 AM

Another Tipperary sportage fan. I forgot I have it on.

TheOtherHorse 08-12-2013 06:43 AM

Whatever fits your shape head the best. Go to a tack store that carries many brands and try on several to see what shape works best for you.

I loved my old Tipperary Sportage, but it was 6 years old and time to replace, so I got a new one. Unfortunately, the slightly redesigned newer style is not the same shape and gave me headaches. So now I have an Ovation Protege, which looks very similar to a Tipperary.

Dustbunny 08-12-2013 12:10 PM

What TheOtherHorse said...
Just like buying boots, what works for one person doesn't work for another.
Go try on as many as you can. Don't buy online unless you know exactly what you are getting.