The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   Quick question about SSH registry (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/quick-question-about-ssh-registry-253826/)

hisangelonly 08-12-2013 10:20 AM

Quick question about SSH registry

Okay my new twh gelding can't be registered as twh obviously because we have no idea where the heck he came from. I was reading he may be able to be registered with the spotted saddle horse registry. It says in requirements under parentage that the horse just has to be pinto of some sort and Gaited. Nothing about proving sire and Dam. But then if you look at the form it asks for birthdate sire and dam. I know only that he's around 8 years old. That's it. And he's pinto and Gaited. So can he be registered or no?
Posted via Mobile Device

Guilherme 08-12-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hisangelonly (Post 3327226)
Okay my new twh gelding can't be registered as twh obviously because we have no idea where the heck he came from. I was reading he may be able to be registered with the spotted saddle horse registry. It says in requirements under parentage that the horse just has to be pinto of some sort and Gaited. Nothing about proving sire and Dam. But then if you look at the form it asks for birthdate sire and dam. I know only that he's around 8 years old. That's it. And he's pinto and Gaited. So can he be registered or no?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd call the registry directly and ask them.

G.

JCnGrace 08-14-2013 11:04 AM

It's been a while since I registered one with SSHBEA but what they had me do was estimate her age...you think you're gelding is 8 so you'd enter his age as 1-1-05, put unknown under dam & sire. Then I had to take her to be inspected (they'll give you the names and number of inspectors living near you) and they filled out a form and then also a video of her gaiting preferably on surface where they can hear the hoofbeats (road, paved parking lot or driveway) sent in with the paperwork.

Rules may have changed since because I no longer have any spotted saddle horses and don't receive rule updates.