The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hi from Washington (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hi-washington-255698/)

MissingMom 08-14-2013 10:54 AM

Hi from Washington

I hail from Pa originally but came to Washington state to help my uncle on his farm. When he passed,around the same time as my mom, he left me his farm which included two horses. Three years ago my favorite, and the last of my uncle's horses, passed away at the age of twenty-two. Now the pastures and the barn sit empty, silent reminders of what things once were like. I still keep the pastures in good condition just in case I do find another horse. My life has had a lot of ups and downs,as anyone's can be, but I am not alone. I have a two year old mix breed that is the size of a small Great Dane and stubborn as a donkey. Due to distance I have lost contact with most of my family, my twin still sends me Christmas and B-Day cards but she is the only one. Beside my uncle I was the only one bitten by the horse bug, something that always bothered me. Younger sibling wants piano lessons from the most expensive instructor and she got it, I was taught by my uncle how to ride when I moved to Washington. I remember when I turned sixteen I asked for lessons but my parents gave me a dog who hated people and tried to bite me on several occasions.

If I ever do get a horse I probably wouldn't care about color to much. All I would care about is having a partner that I can do just about anything with and be able to say that he/she is mine. I have never owned a horse that I could call my own,unless you include the two my uncle left me. It won't be a fun search but one of these days I'll have a horse that I can call my partner and friend.

WhiteHorse 08-14-2013 02:41 PM

Welcome to the forum!

HorseLovinLady 08-15-2013 12:15 AM

Welcome!!