The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hunters and Hunter Seat Equitation (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/)
-   -   Judge my two point? (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/judge-my-two-point-255834/)

EnglishElegance 08-14-2013 01:27 PM

Judge my two point?

1 Attachment(s)
Please critique my two-point. Sorry the picture is so blurry, I had to get a snapshot out of a video. Any suggestions on getting a better two point would be appreciated! Also this was my first time jumping this horse. The jump is about 2'6 if that helps any. Thanks so much if anyone can give my pointers! (:

MyBoyPuck 08-14-2013 07:08 PM

Your shoulders are dead over you feet, you're back is flat, you're looking ahead, and nice release. I can't see your heels, but I would imagine they are down. Can't get much more balanced than you are in that pic. Nice job!

EnglishElegance 08-14-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyBoyPuck (Post 3354026)
Your shoulders are dead over you feet, you're back is flat, you're looking ahead, and nice release. I can't see your heels, but I would imagine they are down. Can't get much more balanced than you are in that pic. Nice job!

Thank you so much for the feedback! :D

Mertle 08-14-2013 09:04 PM

Nice job from what i can tell, maybe try being a little more down in your saddle. :thumbsup:

EnglishElegance 08-20-2013 03:38 PM

Please judge my two-point

1 Attachment(s)
This is me jumping a horse I ride 3 feet. Any tips are appreciated! Please judge.

xxxxxxxponyhorse1516 08-22-2013 04:24 AM

It's good, not brilliant (Not meant in any mean way!). Roll your shoulders back as they look stiff in this pic. You've ended up jamming your heels down and having a rigid ankle. I like the way you're looking up, not down! I think maybe because you were getting a picture you seem to have exaggerated these things a bit? Try keeping toes in and wrapped around the pony. Straighten your back a bit, you're sticking your butt out a little! Otherwise, very good:)

futuredoctor 08-22-2013 06:38 AM

I've only been riding for a few weeks, and I'm not very good so I can't judge. But I can say you look good. :)

upnover 08-28-2013 11:05 AM

There are a lot of really great things to your postion! I love the way your stirrup is angled across your foot with your heel stretched down I love that your back is flat and you are looking up across your jump.

A few things to work on, the main thing I see is that you grip with your knees which has caused your lower leg to pivot back. Your stirrup leather should hang straight down with your leg at the girth. Do you see how it's swung back? So you need to redistribute your leg pressure so you have even contact from your calf, knee, and thigh. It also looks like you may ahve lost some contact through your calf because of your knee. Think about being wrapped around your horse, not sitting on top. I'd also watch your release. It's a good start to a crest release but your wrists need to be straight and your hands resting on the crest for your body to really be relying on a proper release. Sure, your shoulders are a little rounded over and you are high out of the saddle but often when you fix your leg upper body positions tend to fix themselves. Good start so far and very cute pony!

eminyx 09-07-2013 08:37 PM

You should probably loosen up a bit and push your shoulders back instead of forward

eminyx 09-07-2013 08:39 PM

I like to be a little closer to the horse (not up as high) but that's more personal preference as long as your posture is good, and yours is great!