The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   TWH is having an identity crisis (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/twh-having-identity-crisis-256354/)

Diegosmom 08-15-2013 08:17 AM

TWH is having an identity crisis

1 Attachment(s)
Started boarding at an Arabian farm two months ago and this is now how he holds his tail when he is turned out. Never in my life have I seen him do this

walkinthewalk 08-15-2013 09:12 AM

Sweet:D

He's got his front leg extended really nice ----------- if he figures out how to do that famous animated Arab Float, he just went up in price:-P

Don't feel too bad. It's typical for them to mimic another horse and I can't think of a better breed to mimic than Arabians:D

My TWH with the champagne-smooth running walk will do all kinds of Arab stuff when he gets behind my 27 yr old Arab.

They have been pasture mates for 16+ years. My TWH has never offered to trot when he's in the bridle; I finally gave up and quit hollering at him to "stop that trotting and Arab head snaking!" :rofl:

Diegosmom 08-15-2013 10:18 AM

Not sure what a float is but here is his video..I sure hope this dosnt screw up his gait under saddle.

walkinthewalk 08-15-2013 11:15 AM

Watch this Arabian liberty class video. Nobody does a liberty class like an Arabian. I don't think other breeds have them but they're wasting their time if they do:-P

Right about one minute into the video pay close attention to his front feet. That is NOT the camera playing tricks, that is natural animation that is typical of an Arab, although this stallion is much better than most.

My Crabbet-bred Arab used to bring tears to my eyes when he floated across the pasture in slo-mo. He never has been a fast mover, so that slow trot with those extended legs and hooves that seemed to freeze mid-air was as awesome to behold as my sr. TWH who can get under himself like nobody's business, at his dog walk in the pasture.

My Arab can still float but at 27 and with a back full of arthritis from an ancient vertebra injury, his animation is greatly reduced.

To my knowledge, there is no other breed capable of animating their front hoof movement like an Arab.

I have had Walking Horses for 22 years. I love my TWH's with all my heart but before I couldn't sit the trot, Arabs owned my soul and still do.

Elizabeth Bowers 08-15-2013 11:35 AM

Walkinthewalk WOW it's like he oh so delicately touches the ground with those front hooves!!!! That is so neat!! I never really got to see the "float" before, totally awesome!!! :) I just noticed my colt flagging his tail yesterday, not sure why or if he's mimicking the calves when he chases them LOL

texasgal 08-15-2013 11:39 AM

Arabs ... influential little buggers. Now, don't get concerned if he gets really vocal and starts flipping his head in such a way as to totally tangle his mane...

walkinthewalk 08-15-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasgal (Post 3358970)
Arabs ... influential little buggers. Now, don't get concerned if he gets really vocal and starts flipping his head in such a way as to totally tangle his mane...

That is a much more eloquent way of explaining the Arab head movement than my use of the word "snake" :-P

toosexy4myspotz 08-15-2013 11:56 AM

I love when they do that. Both our TWH mares tails actually go up and curl over their back. Our geldings just goes straight up like that. I love to watch them run around like that and have a blast.

texasgal 08-15-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkinthewalk (Post 3359050)
That is a much more eloquent way of explaining the Arab head movement than my use of the word "snake" :-P

We call it "the Arab flip" ...

Diegosmom 08-15-2013 02:02 PM

thats funny you say that cause yesterday he would NOT shut up while I was riding.I thought it was the weather but now maybe its the arbs..there are about 20 arbs at this place. 4 stallions. Its the stallions that are so vocal around here. I think he is watching them