The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   Halloween costume contest (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/halloween-costume-contest-256418/)

barrelracer13 08-15-2013 09:41 AM

Halloween costume contest

2 Attachment(s)
i have a halloween costume contest in october at the local horse show and i am looking for some ideas on what to do for me and my horse that would tie in together, my friend is doing an indian, and the other one is doing a black widow, my horse is a humongous brown and white walkaloosa gelding :D there is nothing he is scared of so putting stuff on him wouldnt be a problem either!!

howrsegirl123 08-17-2013 08:35 PM

Last year me and my horse did Superman. I wore my breeches and tall boots and a blue shirt with a red cape. I put a red cape over him and he wore a blue sleezy hood and red leg wraps. We both had Superman logos on as well. The judges and everyone loved it and we placed first!

howrsegirl123 08-17-2013 08:36 PM

Here's a pic-
http://i40.tinypic.com/w8m7n8.jpg
Other ideas...bride and groom (my second choice) or Indians :)

konikirule 08-17-2013 08:59 PM

You could be one of those sheep herder ladies(i forget what there called) And dress your horse up as a sheep! Glue cotton balls to whatever and put it over your horse!

howrsegirl123 08-17-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konikirule (Post 3384594)
You could be one of those sheep herder ladies(i forget what there called) And dress your horse up as a sheep! Glue cotton balls to whatever and put it over your horse!

Yes! I've seen someone do this!
Posted via Mobile Device

Incitatus32 08-17-2013 09:44 PM

me and my mare went as dracula and his companion (she was dracula) lol. I'll try to find a pic but we built her a high brimmed collar that tied around her neck and stood up (tied to a saddlehorn), papermachaed fangs onto the edges of her bit and put a cape over her rumpus. It was a hit lol.

Another year we went as a carosel horse (I'm not sure how to upload pictures lol).

howrsegirl123 08-17-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incitatus32 (Post 3384874)
me and my mare went as dracula and his companion (she was dracula) lol. I'll try to find a pic but we built her a high brimmed collar that tied around her neck and stood up (tied to a saddlehorn), papermachaed fangs onto the edges of her bit and put a cape over her rumpus. It was a hit lol.

Another year we went as a carosel horse (I'm not sure how to upload pictures lol).

You can upload pics by going to Tinypic :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Ninamebo 08-18-2013 03:48 PM

I sewed two white sheets together once and cut holes for the eyes and ears and went as Ghost Rider.

I have also seen Peter Pan and Tinker Bell, A firefighter and fire truck (they took a big cardboard box, painted it red and fire-trucky and placed it around the horse)

NaeNae87 08-19-2013 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was a fairy and GK was a unicorn.
Attachment 261425

One girl got crazy with her sewing machine and a hot glue gun... Her and her horse were ravers. They had those furry leg covers ravers wear and lots of fluro beads glued everywhere... Browbands, nosebands, reins, stirrup irons. her horse had a fluro orange furry saddle blanket, she had a fluffy helmet cover.

Some some ideas... indians, a bride and a groom, Batman and Robin, soccer players, Lady Gaga, Harry potter and ron/hermione, your horse as a garden (fake flowers sewn onto a rug) and the rider as a bee, some of the members of KISS, ballerinas, a ringwraith (Fancy Dress Friday - Lord of The Rings Ringwraith - Horse Sense)