The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foot pain while riding( western saddle)

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Dustbunny 
#1 ·
My saddle is soo comfortable.. ( I think anyways) but when Posting.. ( I have to post with Sunny as his trot is wacckkyy.. haha.. MY right foot.. towards the arch and outside of my foot starts HURTING sooo bad...

I was wondering.. Does anybody else have hurtty feet when posting? It starts AS soon as I start posting.. and will stop about 10 minutes after Im completely done moving around.. sitting inside..

Anything special people can wear while riding to help cusion there feet??

#3 ·
I suspect your problem is because when you post, you are posting from your feet. That's putting too much pressure on your feet and causing your problems. My feet always used to hurt like that when I was riding with my feet braced and all my weight on them.

Try to work on posting correctly, using your core and thighs. Drop your stirrups and work on it that way if you have to.

#4 ·
I suspect your problem is because when you post, you are posting from your feet. That's putting too much pressure on your feet and causing your problems. My feet always used to hurt like that when I was riding with my feet braced and all my weight on them.

Try to work on posting correctly, using your core and thighs. Drop your stirrups and work on it that way if you have to.
What smrobs said, plus since it's only your right foot, you are probably leaning to the right and compensating.

Reactions: smrobs
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.