The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   Rodeo (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/rodeo-25723/)

KTSpeedhorse 04-09-2009 02:49 PM

Rodeo

What are you most or least favorite events and why? Just curious ; )

smrobs 04-09-2009 02:54 PM

I like all the speed events but my favorite is the saddle bronc. That is the only roughstock event that still has a basis in history. Plus, I really like the Etbauers. Robert bought a horse from my brother several years ago.

KTSpeedhorse 04-09-2009 02:56 PM

I also like saddle bronc and bareback but my fav is calf roping. Those horses are so talented : ) Oh I guess i need to be more politically correct "tie down roping". LOL

smrobs 04-09-2009 03:05 PM

Who's politically correct anymore. I still call it calf-roping. I still say bull-doggin too. :p

And I agree, some of those horses are really nice. I like the ones that don't need the jerk line used on them best.

KTSpeedhorse 04-09-2009 03:16 PM

No doubt. I still call it calf roping and bull doggin : ) My cousins bull dog. My dad team ropes and I used to break away, run barrels and team rope. Hopefully going to be able to get back into it again soon at least the barrels and break away: )

RedRoan 04-09-2009 05:02 PM

I like the bronc events. They seem to be more hard to stay on then the bull events. Team roping has always been a goal of mine and I could watch it all day :-D.

randiekay215 04-09-2009 05:44 PM

Do you mean favorite event to watch or participate in?
I like to WATCH the rough stock events, especially saddle bronc. The calf roping is cool too. I do also like to watch bull doggin (lol I say that too). It just amazes me that they can fall off their horse like that and not kill themselves. lol
I like to PARTICIPATE in barrels and breakaway roping. At least I'm trying to anyway. :)

4EverPainted 04-09-2009 06:01 PM

drill team...at least its at the beginning of some rodeos...so if it counts...then drill team definitly :)

jessetjames 04-09-2009 06:30 PM

i enjoy team roping bronc busting ect barrels poles bull riding ect. team penning is alright depending if the peeps doing it are good enough. if its a ranch rodeo Wild cow milking is really funny to watch LOL

Tennessee 04-09-2009 07:42 PM

My favorite event is either poles or barrels. I love speed and it is even more fun making all those crazy turns. My second favorite is bull riding. I have only done it a few times, but it is so exhilerating.

My least favorite is flags. It just seems so boring to me.