The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   The Noodle..... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/noodle-25737/)

CopperHorse 04-09-2009 06:25 PM

The Noodle.....

HA HA, you just had to see what the title was all about huh?? LMAO :lol::-P

I tell you what, those darn pool foam noodles are awsome for desensitizing!! Went shopping today and was at the Dollar Store and grabbed a bright yellow one for $2. Tell you what sure gets the ponies attention a bright yellow thing waving about, you would of thought a wolf was wandering the pasture with the way they were facing about, ears forward, and big ol eyes!! Out of all the horses, only 2, were not totally freaked out by it when I went into the pasture with it.

Anyhow, training with Fancy was great, I had her doing the forward walk with non-direct pressure and was waving the noodle directly in front of her, behind her, and waving lengh of her body over top of her. Did that on both sides, then still doing the non-direct walking I placed the noodle in front of her front legs so as she walked she would kick it. She didnt care at all. So I placed it under her belly behind her front legs so again she would bump it as she walked. Still no problem. Repeated the whole thing with her hind legs, NOTHING!! Didnt care at all. Repeated same thing on her right side and she was great.

I going to start playing with the tarps on the ground next because sofar everything I think may be "spooky" she looks at it like I am stupid or something. I going to try the driving whip with a bag on it too see how she takes that one tomorrow if I get time. Anyhow, I dont have anyone to take pics as I do this stuff, but here are a few I got today with The Noodle, and her ground tying. Hope you enjoy!!

Here the pic link.... Picasa Web Albums - Kristen - Fancy Trainin...#

Walkamile 04-09-2009 08:41 PM

Well CopperHorse, that's really using your "noodle"! :lol:

Sorry for the terrrible pun, just couldn't resist!

CopperHorse 04-09-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkamile (Post 285859)
Well CopperHorse, that's really using your "noodle"! :lol:

Sorry for the terrrible pun, just couldn't resist!

LMAO, ah no problem, actually I got a kick out of it. :-P

HanzyBoy 04-09-2009 11:55 PM

oh my women the things you come up with. i love the dork pics. You really are using your noodle. comeon now think of something really scary that she wouldn't ever see in her life. Well that could be a lil chalanging but hey you will think of something.

CopperHorse 04-10-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HanzyBoy (Post 286007)
oh my women the things you come up with. i love the dork pics. You really are using your noodle. comeon now think of something really scary that she wouldn't ever see in her life. Well that could be a lil chalanging but hey you will think of something.

LMAO, hey I was having fun with that one. Not every day a horse sees a bright yellow thing waving about. More so then the foam I choose it for the color. My old gelding sees that hunter orange when the guys are walking in the woods and he totally freaks, because its bright, AND moving. That bright of color just isnt natural in the "horse world"

So besides looking like an idiot on here, LOL, it actually was worth the $2 because its soft enouph it wont hurt them, but the color is what freaks them out more then the foam its self.

Walkamile 04-10-2009 04:09 PM

The more things you expose your horse to the better. Of course you can't expose them to absolutely everything, but you keep reinforcing to them that you will not do them any harm and they can trust you to keep them safe. To trust you, in pasture,stall, trail, arena anywhere.

If a noodle caused your horse to go "what's that!", then it's a great aid in helping accomplish this task.

I think you have hit upon a great teaching aid and should do a DVD called "Using your noodle for good not evil" :lol:

Put your logo on it and charge an exorbitant amount and there you go! :wink: Remember, if it costs a lot, it must be "worth it"! :lol:

Okay, I'm stopping now because I am thinking of so many "fun" ways to market and use "your noodle"! :-):shock::lol:

CopperHorse 04-11-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkamile (Post 286352)
The more things you expose your horse to the better. Of course you can't expose them to absolutely everything, but you keep reinforcing to them that you will not do them any harm and they can trust you to keep them safe. To trust you, in pasture,stall, trail, arena anywhere.

If a noodle caused your horse to go "what's that!", then it's a great aid in helping accomplish this task.

I think you have hit upon a great teaching aid and should do a DVD called "Using your noodle for good not evil" :lol:

Put your logo on it and charge an exorbitant amount and there you go! :wink: Remember, if it costs a lot, it must be "worth it"! :lol:

Okay, I'm stopping now because I am thinking of so many "fun" ways to market and use "your noodle"! :-):shock::lol:

Tell you what, I split profit 50/50 with you if you want to be the person doing all the training in the video.... I to darn camera shy!!:lol: