The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   Autumn's being adopted today! (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/autumns-being-adopted-today-257922/)

BKLD 08-17-2013 04:02 PM

Autumn's being adopted today!

1 Attachment(s)
I had to give up fostering about 6 months ago for personal reasons, but I continued to go to events and help out. I just found out today that my old foster dog is being adopted today! :happydance:

I put this picture on another thread, but the only other pictures that I have of her are on another computer. Anyways, I'm so happy for her! It's surprising to me that she took so long to be adopted, she's so sweet and friendly, albeit a bit bossy, lol.

Attachment 258674

alexischristina 08-17-2013 04:15 PM

That's great!

I could NEVER do the fostering thing, I'd end up with way too many animals. :oops:

BKLD 08-17-2013 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks. I really want to get back into fostering, but it's just not in the cards for me right now.

Edit: Here's another picture of her, the one from her petfinder.com listing.Attachment 258690

bitinsane 08-17-2013 04:22 PM

I used to foster litters of kittens. I pulled my hair out getting up every 4 hours to bottle feed 20 kittens lol but it was worth it. They all found homes and I of course am now the owner of 5 cats lol

BKLD 08-18-2013 12:05 AM

Haha. I really almost adopted Autumn at one point. One of the other volunteers actually offered to pay the adoption fee for me, but I declined. Truth be told, she wasn't a great fit for my family. She's too bossy with the other dogs, and one of mine didn't tolerate it too well. Pippi actually bit Autumn's face once, and poor Autumn ended up with an eye injury. It wasn't serious, but I felt terrible. Plus, my sister wasn't very careful about keeping doors closed, so she would escape and we would have to chase her down.

MsLady 08-18-2013 01:08 AM

I would be afraid I would adopt all my foster animals, so I appreciate all foster families (animal and human)! 👍😇
Posted via Mobile Device