The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Making it through divorce (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/making-through-divorce-25841/)

eclecticstar 04-11-2009 03:33 PM

Making it through divorce

I allowed myself to become completely dependent on another person and now we are getting divorced after a ten year relationship. The thought of having to give up my horse after only owning her for four months killed me. Working a part-time, minimum wage, no benefits job was just not going to pay the bills. With or without a horse!

However, yesterday I got to tell Cinder that I accepted a full time position that will pay me enough to care for myself and for her. I GET TO KEEP MY HORSE!!! AND MY DOGS!!! I do not care at all that I will be living in a studio, as long as I have them.

Thank the gods and goddesses above and all around. The higher powers really stepped up for me this time.

I think Cinder really understood what was going on. Last night was the first night in a long time that she did everything perfectly. It was after I told her the good news, her aura changed completely. I adopted her from a divorce situation and I felt so bad that she may have to go through it again...especially so soon.

However, my girl and I get to stay together. I'm so happy!

Spastic_Dove 04-11-2009 04:01 PM

Congrats!
Best wishes for you and your horse.

Jane Honda 04-11-2009 04:43 PM

It's a wonderful feeling eh?

I am glad.

I am sorry you are going through a divorce. That is a difficult time. Been there, done that. Sending good things your way.

sandy2u1 04-11-2009 06:06 PM

Im so glad you get to keep your horse!!!!! Im also glad you are getting your independence back!!! I think thats worth a whole lot.

close2prfct 04-11-2009 07:08 PM

Been there done that myself, it's very tough but you will make it. I'm glad you get to keep your horse & dogs they will help you get through the worst of times and be there to share the best to. Good luck!

eclecticstar 04-11-2009 10:39 PM

Thank you everyone.

kim_angel 04-14-2009 08:56 PM

Wow! What an awesome thing to read! I am so happy for you that you are getting to keep your horse and your dogs! Congrats on the new job too.

Keep your chin up, give off good vibes and everything will work out.

Blessed Be,
Kim