The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   boarding in calgary (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/boarding-calgary-258778/)

roo 08-18-2013 08:32 PM

boarding in calgary

Hello everybody,im currently in the process of purchasing a colt.he will be coming home around jan/feb after hes weaned.I am looking at pasture boatd somewhere close to calgary as i do not drive.He will be used as an endurance horse when hes older but thats 4 Years away.if anybody knows of anything close to calgary and fairly low kkey let me know.
Posted via Mobile Device

roo 08-20-2013 09:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope that worked.hes 2 months

azarni 08-20-2013 10:12 PM

Hey! I'm in Calgary. Kijiji and Google are your friends. I'm currently boarding at Rocky Mountain Outfitting in Springbank. Rocky Mountain Outfitters It's $250/mo. You'll find LOTS in Springbank, Cochrane and around the 22x hwy. Try going to local feed and tack stores, they usually have bulletin boards with lots of places advertised.

roo 08-21-2013 12:17 AM

Thank you so much,i appreciate that.what discipline are you?im looking to do competitive trail eventually

roo 08-21-2013 01:24 AM

I looked at the link for your stable and will be setting up a time to go look at it.seems to be a trail riding place which is what im looking for.thank you so much for the help.

azarni 08-21-2013 12:24 PM

Yeah basically anything west of the city will have trails connecting up to the mountains. :) good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

azarni 08-21-2013 06:22 PM

Oh and I'm just an all-around english rider, but I love my trail rides. :) So if you do end up here, you won't be looking for trail buddies! There are a couple of us who go, one guy is there at least 4 times a week and all he does with his horse is trail riding.

roo 08-22-2013 01:09 AM

Well jokers only a weanling so itll be a couple years before i actually get to ride him but itll be wonderful to learn new things while hes growing up.I really,really like that place.the guy said hed definatley have a spot for joker if I choose to board there.

azarni 08-22-2013 07:46 PM

I was wondering if that was you checking the place out a couple days ago! White car? You left like 30 seconds after I got there haha.

roo 08-22-2013 09:16 PM

I talked to the guy through email and had a friend drive me out to look at it wiithout the pressure of someone trying to sell their place as the best placeI find that the real deal is when nobody has time to actually prepare the place for a potential boarder.I know its wierd but its how I used to pick my riding stables as well.hasnt steered me wrong yet.the place is beautiful,a little further out then I had hoped.but I really like it so Ill have to figure out a way to get there.Im pretty much set on boarder there though,its one of those places you can hope for but rarely ever get.