The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Law (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-law/)
-   -   Taking Horses on Parks/Beaches--Laws? (CA) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-law/taking-horses-parks-beaches-laws-ca-259081/)

demonwolfmoon 08-19-2013 05:21 AM

Taking Horses on Parks/Beaches--Laws? (CA)

So no huge deal, but the hubby and I were discussing taking our horses to Fiesta Island in San Diego/Mission Bay. It's a very large bay used primarily as a giant dog park, fully sand beach on one side, the center is scrub, and the other side is a more rocky beach type area. Back in 2008, when we lived in San Diego, we'd go every weekend, and I HAVE SEEN HORSES AND RIDERS AT THE BEACH.

But-

Where do we find the "rules" for taking horses out in public, like a park, or Fiesta Island? I don't want to go down there and find that the people who used to do it were doing something wrong, and look/feel like an idiot. What about parks? What about other beaches that aren't "dog/animal areas", like Balboa Park, or Cornado not that I'd be crazy enough to ride there! LOL.

In alternate, does anyone know for sure if it's ok?

Cacowgirl 08-19-2013 07:11 AM

There a very few beaches in CA that allow horses. Fines can be huge & ignorance of the law is no excuse. Have you seen the river trials in Norco? They are quite nice.

demonwolfmoon 08-19-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacowgirl (Post 3396241)
There a very few beaches in CA that allow horses. Fines can be huge & ignorance of the law is no excuse. Have you seen the river trials in Norco? They are quite nice.

i have not, ill look them up, thanks. Any idea where to find the rules/laws? Is it a per beach/area thing?

I def dont want to do the wrong thing! $$$

SouthernTrails 08-19-2013 08:58 AM

San Diego Horse Trails

demonwolfmoon 08-19-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernTrailsGA (Post 3396513)

awesome! thanks! they made it easy! :)