The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   Apollo's first time jumping! (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/apollos-first-time-jumping-259169/)

shellybean 08-19-2013 09:49 AM

Apollo's first time jumping!

A couple days ago I started Apollo over a small x. We had been working on it on the ground but it was my first time doing it under saddle. How does he look?!

I know my stirrups are a hole or two too long therefore my leg isn't in proper position, and my leg is a little loud...he needs a little bump every stride to keep him going. Plus my hands are very low onto his neck...I haven't ridden english, let alone jumped, since last October so thats about 10 months, and more than half that time I wasn't riding because I got hurt after a fall off of my lease horse, and then I bought Apollo in December and let him gain weight and worked on ground work up until April. So we both have only been riding the past 4 months...I've been training him myself from the ground up but am hopefully starting lessons on Mondays to help us :)

Live2Ride15 08-19-2013 03:22 PM

Very nice! You have a very nice horse!
Posted via Mobile Device

xlionesss 08-19-2013 07:25 PM

I love how easy and simple you make it look. You are very soft it seems and don't two-point for too long at all(which is very common for new jumpers). Great job!

shellybean 08-19-2013 09:53 PM

Thank you both!!

He really seems to be enjoying it...he gets this look in his eye when he sees a jump set up. You can tell he's really thinking and gets excited. He was never like this with any of the other activities I tried with him.

shellybean 08-20-2013 11:21 AM

Any other opinions? Any glaring faults or mistakes I am making that need to be fixed...?

EdmontonHorseGal 08-20-2013 03:00 PM

you and the horse look happy and calm. nobody is rushed or antsy, and it seems an enjoyable activity for the both of you.

just keep doing what you are doing! :)