The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   In all my years of gaming, someone actually tried CHEATING. Unbelievable!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/all-my-years-gaming-someone-actually-259297/)

beau159 08-19-2013 11:45 AM

In all my years of gaming, someone actually tried CHEATING. Unbelievable!!

I'm 27. I've been going to local gaming shows and horse shows since I was 4 or 5. Went to a big gaming show yesterday (big, as in 20+ people in each event in each age category .... big for around here!)

The first two events of the day were the Bareback Dollar Race, and the Egg & Spoon Race.

For the bareback race, obviously you have no saddle on your horse. Everyone is the in the arena at the same time, going around western pleasure style at a walk, trot, or lope depending on what the judge calls for. You have a dollar bill that you have to keep under your low thigh / knee area. If you lose your dollar, you are out.

For the Egg and Spoon Race the format is the same, but you must balance an egg on a plastic spoon with your finger behind the mark on the spoon. If you drop your egg, you are out.

Over the years, we've always **joked** about putting gum under your egg, or spitting on your dollar to make it stick, or tape, or yada yada. All in good fun.

Well, we actually had someone in the junior age division CHEAT yesterday. In all my years, no one has ever actually cheated (or maybe never got caught). So I'm just appalled by this. I did not see it myself (I'm obviously in the senior division) but I talked with a good friend who is in the juniors and she saw it happen. I guess she used gum in both events. And in the dollar race when the judge asked to see all of our dollars (given to us by the person at the gate) to inspect them before starting, she had another dollar in her pocket she showed the judge instead. I believe she "won" that class.

She tried the same thing in Egg & Spoon. Put gum under her egg. Well I supposed you can't exactly carry an egg in your pocket to show the judge and fake him out. So she got caught. And got her other win taken away. And was scratched out of the rest of her events.

I kinda know this girl a little bit too. And she's a rodeo queen for goodness sake. She's supposed to be a role model!!! I would have never expected this out of her.

Cheater, cheater, cheater..........

I got my 2nd place in Egg & Spoon fair and square, and just out of the placings (5th) in Bareback Dollar Race fair and square as well.

redpony 08-19-2013 11:51 AM

Should probably have her title taken away too! Like you said she is supposed to be a role model. I HATE cheaters! I suppose the prize money was HUGE, right? Lol, people will sell their souls pretty cheaply.
Posted via Mobile Device

BlueDiamonds218 08-19-2013 11:54 AM

That kind of thing just pisses me off. Even if she wasnt a queen she should be a role model! Glad she got caught!

Zexious 08-19-2013 11:57 AM

Wow... How lame. Cheating completely takes away the fun.

Besides all that, it seems like it would be easy to get caught. Why risk it?

beau159 08-19-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpony (Post 3398033)
Should probably have her title taken away too! Like you said she is supposed to be a role model. I HATE cheaters! I suppose the prize money was HUGE, right? Lol, people will sell their souls pretty cheaply.
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL, I know. This show actually has $1500 added money for the day, which is pretty good for my area. I got a 2nd place, a 3rd place, and a 4th place (the 3rd place should have been a 2nd place; the judge totally called it WRONG..... oh well) but I walked away with a "whopping" $47. I was actually pretty happy about being able to pay back my entry fees, but I went into this with a horse who's being seasoned and knowing that it's for fun and I may walk away with nothing.

But cheating for, maybe $30 of a first place win? Good grief.

I wish they would have announced the whole thing over the loud speaker so everyone would know. She should be embarrassed of herself beyond belief.

TheAQHAGirl 08-19-2013 12:35 PM

Wow, cheating is just terrible but being caught in the act is something totally different. I hope she was embarrassed. I know everyone is saying this, but seriously she is supposed to be a role model.

Out of curiosity, I'm no rodeo person what-so-ever, what was she a Rodeo Queen exactly? Barrel racing or the games you said above?

beau159 08-19-2013 03:12 PM

She was the rodeo queen for the local saddle club that puts on this particular show. They also put on an amatuer rodeo and local association horse show.

Maybe they were lenient on her because it was their own queen? Something like that though, I feel would be completely good cause to strip someone of their title. C'mon, cheating at your own club's horse show!!

Definately not what a rodeo queen should be doing. I have held 3 different titles in past years, as well as ran for the state title, and that is NO way to act to represent your title.

Ninamebo 08-20-2013 09:42 AM

Good grief this kind of stuff is ridiculous to me- we had a girl in a local fun show that did the same thing with gum and an egg, unfortunately for her it still came undone. But for our show there wasn't even any money riding on it so it's like, why bother?! It's a way more accomplished feeling to know you did well in an event because you actually tried and have some skill!
Posted via Mobile Device