The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   How Much Do You Pay For A Chiropractor Visit?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/how-much-do-you-pay-chiropractor-259633/)

fkcb1988 08-19-2013 06:34 PM

How Much Do You Pay For A Chiropractor Visit??

The title actually says it all. Lol

Im just wondering what y'all pay for a chiro visit for your horse? What does the visit include? How long does it take?

Im sure my new/old horse is going to need some help in that department and Im trying to get an idea of what Im looking at paying. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

waresbear 08-19-2013 07:01 PM

With taxes, it comes to just under $150, and that is for 2 visits. Includes equine massage, and each visit is about 45 minutes or less.

JustWingIt 08-19-2013 07:15 PM

For me it was around $200 for a two hour visit where adjustments and acupuncture was done...however, the woman had to travel quite a ways to the farm which jacked up the farm call a bit
Posted via Mobile Device

fkcb1988 08-19-2013 11:15 PM

Do you think the price varies for the area your in? Im in Texas.

My2Geldings 08-19-2013 11:20 PM

$180 is what I paid, but it included 2 visits and acupuncture. Interestingly enough the rates can REALLY vary depending on who you call in. Where you live can definitely affect how much you pay.

SorrelHorse 08-19-2013 11:26 PM

I love my chiro....

I called out a lot of people costing $150 and up and they didn't do a darn thing except adjust, and I noticed no difference.

In a last ditch effort I call out this guy who costs $75 and he adjusts, does lasers, acupuncture, and gives me all this advice on herbs I can use on my horses. I'll be ****ed if the next ride, every single one of my horses, felt absolutely incredible. 110% improvement.

GamingGrrl 08-20-2013 12:19 AM

$40 dollars for however long it takes for her to feel satisfied with the job. I have the most helpful talented Chiro ever, she does it as a side job so she charges less and has low fees so more people are able to afford Chiro and massage therapies.
Posted via Mobile Device

fkcb1988 08-20-2013 12:34 AM

Wow! So there is quite a range for pricing. I'd love $40 to $75. Heck I was thinking $200/ $150 was cheap cause I imagined it being over $300 or so. I have never had or heard of chiro work being done on a horse before till here recently thanks to the Horse Forum. I think my horse could really benefit from it. Hes 28 and has a swayed back.

Thanks so much for the help! :-)

SorrelHorse 08-20-2013 01:12 AM

I never appreciated the work of a chiro til I got myself done, then started getting Selena done before shows...And now I don't know what I'd do without them! Mine even showed me some basic ways to tell where problems are and what to do, so I don't ALWAYS have to call him, I can kinda determine stuff on my own. I'm SO grateful. :)

HollyBubbles 08-20-2013 04:07 AM

The chiropractor I use charges $50, and the length of time depends on the horse, he will keep working on the horse until everything that needs to be done is done.
I had one of my horses go from a rearing, un-tie-up-able(i think I just created a new word :lol:), difficult to cover, hard to catch, reactive to pressure mess, to a horse who could stand tied all day long, didn't rear at all under saddle and being lead, I can run up to her in the paddock and THROW her cover at her and do it up, she gallops to me when I wait at the gate now... this was in one session.

I also just recently used a qualified vet, who doesn't work as a vet, she did some physio-type work and released some trigger points on DJ (horse mentioned in previous paragraph) she is also qualified to do acupuncture, saddle fitting, chiropractics and many other things... That treatment set me back $90 + $30 travel.