The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   debates about breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/debates-about-breeding-25983/)

mybabysewanka 04-14-2009 12:35 AM

debates about breeding

I am very sorry if some one gets aggravated with me but this is a new thread about debates in breeding.. As a forum reader in the breeding section I have seen quite a few people get bashed or topics on breeding go completely off track with hateful words and remarks about breeding horses.

I understand that we all in the equine industry view breeding highly different, and ones expertise should be answered to someones quetions, and I dont think they should be answered in a negative way.. So hence why I created this thread for all of you that like to debate breeding then debate it here please. I just find it a hassel to try to read questions try to answer them in a professional way, then come back a day later and it be all negative. Granted I have my opinions on breeding as well as everyone else on this forum, but I just dont feel the need to discuss them. So for those of you that do again please post here... Thank you all for your time and have a wonderful evening.

close2prfct 04-14-2009 12:50 AM

I could not have said it better myself I almost thought about not coming back to HF after I posted a question regarding breeding. The only thing I found out is how rude and disrespectful some can be, yes everyone has their own opinion but going off track and ridiculing people or bashing their beloved horse is uncalled for. Hopefully if they want to argue breeding they will post it here.

Joshie 04-14-2009 01:03 AM

It is neither mean or negative to ask a person to carefully consider all the implications of a proposal as important as breeding a horse. You might also wish to notice that many of those making breeding proposals are adolescents. I think you're expecting a bit much if you think that such debates will happen only in this thread. If you're only interested in "advice" that green lights everything you wish to do then why are you asking for online advice?

One thing I appreciate about HF is that people do NOT speak to others in a disrespectful tone. They do not bash one another. Disagreeing is different from bashing.

Cat 04-14-2009 01:10 AM

Joshie - well said. I agree 100%.

county 04-14-2009 01:11 AM

I think lots of people bash others on here and their horses to say it doesn't happen is sticking ones head in the sand. If someone wants to tell another they shouldn't breed thats fine but if someone else wants to tell them they can that should also be fine. Why should one have the right to state an opinion and someone else be told in any way they don't? Either you beleive everyone has an opinion or you beleive everyone should think one way.

Personally I'd love to see 3 million less horses in the country but someones wants should never trump anothers rights.

mybabysewanka 04-14-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by county (Post 288149)
I think lots of people bash others on here and their horses to say it doesn't happen is sticking ones head in the sand. If someone wants to tell another they shouldn't breed thats fine but if someone else wants to tell them they can that should also be fine. Why should one have the right to state an opinion and someone else be told in any way they don't? Either you beleive everyone has an opinion or you beleive everyone should think one way.

Personally I'd love to see 3 million less horses in the country but someones wants should never trump anothers rights.

Exactly why I started this thread.. So everyone can voice their opinions... I believe people SHOULD hear the good, bad, and the ugly, but to try and completely distract people from what they in their hearts want to do is wrong. But when someone asks a simple question I think their questions should be answered, tell them what aspects of breeding you know, again the good, bad, the ugly.. but when it comes to arguments such as degrading someones choice to breed it should come here... That all...

close2prfct 04-14-2009 01:37 AM

County that is exactly the way I see things. One person's opinion is no better than the next but it always ends up in some heated argument. Makes me feel like banging my head on the wall. The things I have seen said to people about their horses is like telling a mom her child is ugly..you just don't do it.
I think if a person wants to breed their horse and they understand the time, money and risks involved it is their business period.

county 04-14-2009 08:06 AM

I have to laugh at the people who say you shouldn't breed a horse because some day you may not be able to afford them. They don't do if someday they can afford their horse either but they still have them. Under that line of thought no one should ever have a horse, their not immune to not being able to afford one.

alldun 04-14-2009 08:17 AM

The biggest problem is too many people are breeding their horses with their heart. They are unable to see their horse trough the rose coloured glasses and the glaring faults or faultiness of their decision they are about to make.
Having someone step up and point out the wrongness of their decision is not a bad thing. Nobody is saying 'stop loving your horse because she's got this and that wrong with her'~most people are saying that allowing that horse to reproduce is not a good idea because of those faults.
If you consider it likened to having someone proofread your project and go about giving you advice instead of personalizing it, it can be taken into hefty consideration where people can realise that breeding that particular horse is not a good idea.

Ultimately-people can take the advise, get huffy and do what they want anyways or actually learn some valuable information.

county 04-14-2009 08:21 AM

I agree and see many horses I personally wouldn't breed and think theres some that wouldn't breed what I do. Not everyone wants the same thing and thats good not bad. And the end result isn't the same importance to some as to others. Also good not bad.