i am trying to convince my dad to put in stables
but i am clueless as to the design aspect
i +think+ i know what i want inside and outside...
INSIDE + + + + +
- large airy stalls with sliding doors and shatterproof glass
- wash bay
- tack room
- large office/rec room
- feed room
- bedding and tools room
- large spacious area for grooming/tacking up with space for 2 or 3 horses
- float garage
- main entrance and exit with sliding doors
- fully lit with energy efficient and horse safe globes and fittings
- running water (duh lol)
- im not sure how many stalls but i was thinking of 6 or possibly more..i have four horses now and i am planning to buy some more soon. also i could lease out the remaining stalls but idk
OUTSIDE + + + + +
- day yards with shed shelters
- a full cross country course across 2 large paddocks
- two big sharing paddocks large enough for 4 horses in each
- massive arena with (possibly pvc) white post and rail fencing and shed for jump storage ^ this is the show jumping arena
- large arena suitable for dressage (but larger than 60X40 or whatever it is :P so that it can be used for other things)
- roomy round yard (debating covered or non covered..)
- long aisles for vehicles to travel and for galloping/really really fast cantering X)
i probably missed a number of features lol but i can always edit them in
also i need help with a name...something not like...willow creek or star stables (and nothing western please!!)
if my plan to win over dad works then i also need a logo...i was thinking of something arabian or welsh pony like...but possibilities are somewhat endless :P
i real want stabbles but we dont have a noth property
- massive arena with (possibly pvc) white post and rail fencing and shed for jump storage ^ this is the show jumping arena + + fully floodlit + + not sure if to be fully covered...considering it
forgot to say ^ ^
i have 33 acres of hills and some flat land
also a creek running through the lower half. theres a whole little paddock of gum trees and logs which im dying to turn into crosscountry jumps x) theres a dam which is connected to about 3 or 4 little creeks with bridges and there is also an island in the centre of the small dam
oh i envy you with all that land...
fabfindtoday:disposable nipple covers
oops X) i forgot i had already posted this once :P
I would not recommend getting sliding doors. For a few reasons.. at my barn, we have sliding doors, and some of them are older, and when they get older they do not work the way they once did. when it gets windy, they blow and smack around. they come off the tracks very easily. and its a pain it the rump to put them back on!! im not sure where you live, but we get TONS of snow here in New York, and when the snow and ice builds up, you can not open them... the list goes on. Up and down sliding doors are MUCH better! and swinging in and out doors are good! but the doors that you slide left and right are not what you think they will be.
but best of luck otherwise!!! i hope you get your dream barn! :D:D:D
well in relation to the snow thing...i live in australia so snow and ice arent much of a problem x)
thanks for the insight though
its always interesting to find out other peoples experiences and opinions
I live in Aussie too, but am not expecting to get stables till i move out and get my own land, we live in a small town in the kimberly but my mum's not interesting in moving onto a big block of land on the outskirts of town.
Im really looking forward to moving out and finding my own place but what price's are you expecting to be paying on this dream barn? and how much was your block??
Good luck xx
I have the same question as the above poster. How much are you willing to pay for this? I'm sure you know this, but you aren't asking for something cheap. Your requirements are going to add up really quickly! Good luck though!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.