The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   2013 Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/2013-tennessee-walking-horse-national-celebration-260801/)

Midflight 08-21-2013 11:16 AM

2013 Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration

Anyone here at or going to the 2013 Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration?

I need you to sent me several of those delicious fresh piping hot donuts.

I must admit I am curious how things are going. Whether you show pleasure, versatility, or padded, so long as you are showing a 100% sound horse, you have my best wishes.

I have many fond memories of the big show in Shelbyville. I started with walkers in the 1960's so I have seen a lot, both the good and the bad. I have shown both the padded and the pleasure type horse. And, yes, I have done evil to my horses in the quest for that elusive blue ribbon. Today my horses go sound and mostly barefoot, and my conscience rests easy.

I find myself walking the showground in my memory, talking to people from all over the world about horses, watching the classes, sitting on my hands at the sales, visiting with friends new and old, touring the countryside and walking the civil war battlefields, enjoying southern hospitality at the local restaurants, and just remembering my taste of the relaxed southern lifestyle.

So how is the show? What is the atmosphere like? How are the class sizes? Is there much of a crowd? Have you been to any sales or been barn storming? Help us experience 2013 in Shelbyville, Tennessee.

toto 08-21-2013 07:40 PM

They have a lot of new rules and regulations this year all for the better. :thumbsup:

No coolers- you have to purchace your food and drink there and theyll be selling cold beer this year! :mrgreen: they usually have real good eats!

I love the calsonic arena!
its always a good environment lots of different venders for different things-- friendly people and helpful staff-- I usually go for reining events and cuttings.. They will be doing ten different tests this year to cut out the bad eggs so it sould be a great show!

Amature events earlier today.

Shelbyville is a nice little town and will have lots of shopping and things like that too.

Im sure the hotels will be pretty booked up tonight too if you havent booked in advance you might need to travel a little ways.. hope you enjoy your time in shelbyville and good luck in the showring!

gunslinger 08-22-2013 10:04 PM

I'm not sure if I'm going to make it or not. So at this point I'm a maybe.

Joe4d 08-22-2013 10:33 PM

hope they go bankrupt

Joe4d 08-22-2013 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep place still sucks, and so does anyone giving them money,,, Oh we are against soring but lets all clap for this disgusting abomination. Bunch of hypocrits.

toto 08-23-2013 12:54 AM

Results for todays show-- Celebration - Daily Show Results

Joe4d- thats not 2013 show pictures.

Guilherme 08-23-2013 11:05 AM

Some interesting observations; look at the pictures.

Billy Go Boy Chat – Tennessee Walking Horse – "The Lickers and The Flatters" | Speaking Truth To Power Since 1996 ….

The Celebration appears to be having a rather difficult time. I don't rejoice in their difficulties (some worthy charities are likely to be "skunked" this year). Still, it seems that the Celebration/SHOW leadership has called down the thunder upon themselves. All decisions have consequences. Their decisions have been narrow and self serving; they have sown the wind; now they reap the whirlwind.

G.

Joe4d 08-23-2013 12:09 PM

I rejoice in their difficulties,. Love seeing the pictures of the empty stands.

gunslinger 08-24-2013 07:02 AM

Let it all out Joe, tell us how you REALLY feel.....

SueNH 08-25-2013 08:22 AM

A few tidbits on Billygoboy's blog that aren't indexed yet:

LISTEN TO CELEBRATION CROWD GETTING ROWDY WITH “HONORS” BEING TURNED DOWN AND NOT MAKING THE GATE CALL | Billy Go Boy Chat – Tennessee Walking Horse – "The Lickers and The Flatters"