The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I half halted my bike today... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-half-halted-my-bike-today-261081/)

MyBoyPuck 08-21-2013 06:15 PM

I half halted my bike today...

Well, at least I can honestly say all that I've learned about riding is firmly ingrained in my body. I've been riding like crap lately, so I decided to start riding my bike a few times a week to help build up some leg muscle. I hadn't ridden my bike in a almost a year and found myself going down a fairly large hill toward the water. I was working both front and rear brakes to keep the bike in control down the hill and somehow decided sitting tall and back might make the bike slow down. A woman walking her dog saw me and bust a gut laughing. I quickly found out she rides too and told me that she'd never seen anyone half halt a bike before. Guess you had to be there, but it sure was funny.

FeatheredFeet 08-21-2013 08:22 PM

Well if nothing else, you will have a well trained bike!

As a long time dog trainer, I have many times, told my shopping cart to "stay".

Lizzie

farmpony84 08-21-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeatheredFeet (Post 3422793)
Well if nothing else, you will have a well trained bike!

Lizzie

You sure about that? I mean, she had to use both front AND back breaks...

toto 08-21-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84 (Post 3422817)
You sure about that? I mean, she had to use both front AND back breaks...

bicycle collection- level = pro! :-P

jaydee 08-21-2013 08:55 PM

Love it

tinyliny 08-21-2013 09:19 PM

in my car, I "put leg on" sometimes, to get the car to go.

egrogan 08-21-2013 09:24 PM

Was just struggling earlier tonight with a chicken who needed some doctoring on her foot, and as she kept flapping around, I found myself telling her "whoooaaaa...."- my husband had to remind me it was the wrong animal for that :)

EdmontonHorseGal 08-22-2013 12:30 AM

oh lmao! this thread is hilarious!

i'm a bicycle commuter, averaging 120 to 200 blocks a day. i find myself saying 'hey hey' to my bike when i'm going a bit fast or having to turn quickly, just like i do when riding. i also go into a 'modified' two point when going over big bumps on the bike, lol.

~*~anebel~*~ 08-22-2013 01:30 AM

I cluck at people in public places to get them to walk faster!
Posted via Mobile Device

EvilHorseOfDoom 08-22-2013 01:57 AM

I cluck at people, traffic lights etc. I don't ride a bike but when I'm on the bus I have found myself doing half halts and asking for left or right bend LOL. But I'm such a weirdo that these relatively small oddities go unnoticed amongst the very obvious talking and gesturing to myself... :lol:

ETA: Anebel, do you also give a jiggle on an invisible leadrope? I've done that once or twice!