The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horse Shopping Help? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horse-shopping-help-26168/)

Gingerrrrr 04-16-2009 05:40 PM

Horse Shopping Help?

So since i havent found the PERFECT horse yet ive still decided to keep looking. my price limit is $2000 and im looking for a good all around horse. Beginner safe. Preferrably a stockier type horse. (paint, appaloosa, quarter horse) i will also consider looking at cross breeds. i would like for the horse to be between the ages 4 or 5 up to 14 since i want to do barrels and such with the horse and i plan on keeping him/her for a long time. im going to be doing pretty much everything with this horse. from english pleasure to barrels and poles to trails and western pleasure. prefferably a gelding but i will look at mares as well. :] no more then 85 miles from the zip 12533. thanks so much :]

mudypony 04-16-2009 07:20 PM

Here's a few I found. I think they fit all your requirements but I didn't double check so I'm not sure.

F-L-A-S-H-Y Overo Paint QUIET Trail Riding | Buy this Horse at Equine.com

Thoroughbred for lease or sale | Buy this Horse at Equine.com

Doc is Mr. Personality, chestnut quarter horse gelding. | Buy this Horse at Equine.com

Hope this helped!

Gingerrrrr 04-16-2009 09:45 PM

thank you :] i emailed about the first onee.
anyone else??

photocowgirl 04-17-2009 02:05 PM

well...I've got one that would be perfect but we're too far away. He actually started as a show horse...western pleasure, trail, etc, but ran an 18 sec barrel time in a super horse class without any practice...so he may become my Mom's new barrel horse...sigh...too bad you're not closer - we have too many

smrobs 04-17-2009 03:46 PM

Here are a few that I found but I really liked the look of Doc, the last one that Mudypony posted.

Horseville Horse For Sale - CUTE QUARTER MIX - Ad 199709
Horseville Horse For Sale - 11 year app 4 SALE - Ad 183463
View Ad - DreamHorse.com - Dream Horse Classifieds

I really couldn't find anything else but I don't know all the good sites to look at either.

twogeldings 04-18-2009 04:37 PM

Try the Farm & Garden section on Craigslist.com. I often seen NICE horses in that price range. A lot of people are also open to offers.

Gingerrrrr 04-20-2009 07:22 PM

i still havent found any good horses that pop out at me besides one...help is greatly appericiated!! :]