The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Molly Mule - eastern PA (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/molly-mule-eastern-pa-261905/)

horseluver250 08-23-2013 06:26 AM

Molly Mule - eastern PA

2 Attachment(s)
I have an 8 year old molly mule, 14.1 hands, almost black. I wanted a mule for years, bought one, and found I am absolutely not a mule person! She has been trail ridden all over local parks last year and took camping in the Va mountains. Does water, bridges, fine with traffic. She would lead or follow, ride better with another horse. She was ridden a handful of times this spring but has pretty much sat since then as she has gotten incredibly overly attached to my paint mare and is very herd sour. I had her out this week but did not get very far away from the mare.... She was not so sour until we brought the mare home. She is a quiet, surefooted trail animal when she was being taken out. She had been used to mow hay fields with her mate, so does drive although I do not know if she has ever been hitched to a cart with solid shafts. I was told she works single and double.
She is utd on everything. Currently barefoot. Easy to catch, just call her name. Very in your pocket, friendly personality, just wants any type of attention. She clips, baths, loads and trailers well. Easy keeper (aka needs a diet). I paid $2500 for her last year, I am open to hear any and all offers on her as she needs work, she is a very sweet animal, just needs work. Good home only. Will not sell to anyone that does not have mule experience and is not willing to take the time to bond with her. May be willing to work out a lease to own with the right individual with references. We can trailer her within reason.
I am 5'4" 125 pounds for size reference. I have a lot more photos of her if anyone is interested in her.

horseluver250 08-23-2013 06:58 AM

If we get the time this weekend we plan on trailering her and the gelding out away from the mare so we can trail ride, I'll try to get a video of her.

Zexious 08-23-2013 11:36 AM

Oh my gosh, so cute .__.

horseluver250 09-09-2013 09:32 AM

I had forgot to post the video of her, not a very good video as it is mostly just her ears, but anyways gives you an idea of how quiet she can be. She really did surprise me, after sitting so long and not being ridden, she rode right out like I had just taken her out the day before. Rode out at home with our gelding, no issues going away from the mare. She'd still be best if you have a buddy to ride with. Would like to get $1000 for her.