The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Plus Sized Riders (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/)
-   -   Finding jeans that fit plus sizes (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/finding-jeans-fit-plus-sizes-262313/)

cowgirllinda1952 08-23-2013 08:44 PM

Finding jeans that fit plus sizes

Ok, here's my problem, when I can find jeans to fit in the waist, they look like "elephant pants" in the legs, even when I lost weight (50 lbs) I still had this problem. The only jeans I ever found that zipped up and fit me decent in the legs, is when I found some zip and snap maternity jeans with a stretch panel at Walmart. Those no longer fit, so I was wondering, where you bigger ladies find your jeans, and I know it's possible, because I see women twice my size wearing jeans that look like they were poured into them. And they look good. I've been trying men's jeans, but having the same problem, when waist fits, legs are humangously huge.

BlueDiamonds218 08-23-2013 08:49 PM

Look at Lane bryant..... my mother is of a larger size like you and she LOVES their jeans they fit her just right!

Sonsi

SlideStop 08-23-2013 08:59 PM

Old navy.

bitinsane 08-23-2013 09:09 PM

you want cheap and great fitting? I wore "miss tina" which is Wal Mart brand. They come in skinny and boot cut. They have regular and plus sizes in the brand as well. I wore them when I was wearing size 18's and they fit me so well. I'm now in a size 12 and I still wear that brand. They are great if you are built bottom heavy. I have big hips/butt and they are very flattering.

cowgirllinda1952 08-23-2013 11:08 PM

Thanks everyone. I will check all those places, and I've never seen the "Miss Tina" at Walmart, and didn't realize Old Navy carried plus sizes.

callidorre 08-26-2013 11:03 PM

Old Navy sells plus sizes online. Up to a 30 at least I believe. They go up to a 20 in their stores. I have the same problem as you. My legs are the first place I lose weight too which makes it worse. Most pants can be tight at the waist or I'm not even able to pull them up the whole way, and they'll be huge on my legs. The only Lane Bryant jeans that have fit me well were part of their younger line of clothes they had like 2 yrs ago and seemed to vanish last year. JCPennies doesn't have much plus sized clothes, but I've had luck there. Same thing at Target. I actually found a pair of jeans at Walmart that I'm wearing right now. They're actually not bad and great for me to wear to work. Butttt- the inner thighs are wearing very quickly. Poor material quality I suppose. I've found jeans at Maurices once or twice, bypassing the sparkle-y extremely faded ones. The key for jeans and me generally is that they need to have more stretch to them. That usually means the legs are smaller to be able to stretch out more and my legs won't be floating around in them. I can find jeans with less stretch occasionally, but I'm always going to be at least a bit baggy in the legs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Alexmac156 08-27-2013 03:14 PM

Also check out Torrid, Avenue, and Dots. Walmart and Old Navy jeans DO NOT fit me well. They fit in the waist, but no where close in the thighs.

xlionesss 08-27-2013 03:20 PM

I've had a few pairs of jeans from Wal-Mart that I like!

Becka 08-27-2013 06:42 PM

Levis have some plus size jeans too. I love my levis. I always said, Levis know how to make a big butt look sexay!!!!!!!! LOL. I do not know what size you are trying for , I was a 16 at my biggest but the levis go up to the plus sizes and look good. If it wasnt levis it was always the skinny jeans at JC Penney, I cant remember the name of them but they fit in the waist AND the leg.

mrstorres2566 08-29-2013 06:17 PM

I have found some decent ones at Marshalls, TJ MAXX, and Ross. But my favorite jeans are Hydraulics and the only place I know where to buy them is Maurices.

I have a big waist and huge hips, but no butt and thin legs. Hydraulics are built perfect for me.