The Horse Forum banner

My girl.

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  zyanya 
#1 ·
Since I'm newish I thought I would introduce myself and share a few pictures of my girl.

I'm Raie, 22, and live in Middle Tennessee. I got my first pony at the age of 3 and since then I haven't looked back. I grew up in a very horsey family, so I suppose it's in my blood. I've been riding bareback for close to a year now, and I don't plan on using a saddle any time soon. lol Though I will admit I have a Natural Ride for the trails.

Zyanya is a 15yo, 14.3hh Walking Horse. She was shown for over a decade as a padded horse. She was abused and sored and has the scars to prove it. I've had her for over a year now and things couldn't be better. Her trust issues are almost gone, her ear shyness is gone (she was twitched), riding her isn't "work" anymore, we're more relaxed now. (thank god!)

I don't show, and I know for a fact that she will never see another show ring. We trail ride and work around the farm. I couldn't be happier. Her name means "forever, always" which how long she'll be with me.

Some of these pictures were taken when she was in foal. The last few...excuse her mohawk. lol I'm letting her bridle path grow out.

See less See more
#15 ·
^^^ lol thanks. I felt the same way when I first got her....and when I tried she almost knocked me out. She was so scared of me being so close that she turned quickly and her nose hit my head. o_O She's calmed down about 90%, so I can sneak a few kisses every now and then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.