The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Stolen Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/stolen-horses/)
-   -   Missing Appy Gelding! (http://www.horseforum.com/stolen-horses/missing-appy-gelding-262465/)

Iseul 08-24-2013 01:35 AM

Missing Appy Gelding!

Well..karma's a brat, but I love this horse, so I'm gonna try and help the owner out even though she kinda messed me over on my heart horse :/

Anywho..Ace apparently went missing from the Pittsburgh (PA) airport and is believed to have been put on the wrong flight.

About Ace:
"Rescued" Appaloosa gelding
About 15.1-15.2hh
Sorrel with a large blanket
THICK bone
I believe he's aroune 15 years old.
I'm trying to upload more pictures, but my phone's being stupid/ridiculous so I'll get more up sometime tomorrow when I get on the computer.
This is the only picture I currently have, me running him in a gaming class last year, he looks exactly the same now.
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/a...ns/351zvyq.jpg

Anywho, if anyone knows/sees/hears anything..I'd appreciate it tons, as I'm sure his owner would as well.

I'm debating putting it on netposse, seeing as there's a fee and it isn't my horse. Nor will the owner speak to me, or I'd suggest the site to her.
Posted via Mobile Device

toto 08-24-2013 03:13 AM

With all the airport security they have now seems kinda crazy that they would just loose a horse- what are they saying about it?

Roperchick 08-24-2013 04:05 AM

baggage being lost...I can understand...how do you lose a horse.....on a plane???? O.o

keep us updated if you can?

Maple 08-24-2013 05:48 AM

146 Attachment(s)
If he were put on the wrong flight, surely to jaysus there would have been questions on the other end when nobody was there to receive him?!

Any horses we've had fly have gone with a pro-groom and piles of paperwork.

Iseul 08-24-2013 10:25 AM

Honestly, I couldn't tell ya..
I'll get a picture of the flyers she has up at the fair today and post a pic of that too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Zexious 08-24-2013 02:45 PM

Wow... Not even sure how to take this... Subbing, and good luck with finding the horse!

..Why won't she talk to you?

BarrelBunny 08-24-2013 03:10 PM

How do you lose a horse on a PLANE? :shock: Subbing!

ETA: I could swear I've seen that picture before.. Not sure where, though.

Iseul 08-24-2013 11:30 PM

I've posted the picture on here before, BB! :p
But..even worse news, apparently his rider went missing too..

I guess Tucker and Ace were suppose to be flying up to Alaska to meet his family who recently moved/vacationing? there.
Tucker and Ace never made it and no one can get ahold of anyone. They think they BOTH got on the wrong flight.

She won't talk to me because I offered to buy my heart horse from her when I (all at once) got my $1k inheretence from my grandma and found an affordable barn to board at. She blew up and said I used her and all kinds of stuff because 4 months prior I asked to work off half of my lease if she didn't NEED that $50. Which is wayyy off, I switched jobs and got established in those 4 months.
Posted via Mobile Device

CLaPorte432 08-25-2013 12:17 AM

893 Attachment(s)
And there are no phones where this person went missing to?...Hmmm...

this is all highly ridiclious to me. Its a freaking horse, on a plane. They don't get shipped that often and you can just "lose" a horse on a plane. Once they landed, there would have been contact made. Airlines arent that stupid.

There is protocall to be followed In aviation.
Posted via Mobile Device

Iseul 08-25-2013 12:25 AM

Honestly, now that I actually read the flyer and found that BOTH went missing (wasn't entirely sure if she was flying Ace or lost him undersaddle near the airport, since they live up that way), I don't even understand how it would happen. Not to mention, I know every single one of them have cell phones.
Posted via Mobile Device