The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   Does Norman work with Spybot S&D? (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/does-norman-work-spybot-s-d-26293/)

TaMMa89 04-18-2009 06:52 PM

Does Norman work with Spybot S&D?

Ok, guys now it's like that...

I've Norman anti-virus software on my laptop but I started to think I'd have a little extra security. I've this anti-spyware program called Spybot Search & Destroy on my desktop and I like it so I could install it on my laptop too. I still know there are few anti-virus/anti-spyware/anti-etc programs that don't agree with each others. Now I ask if somebody knows if Norman works with Spybot S&D (the only thing I know Spybot S&D works with F-Secure well...)

I've also Windows Defender on my laptop if it has impact on the things.

Jehanzeb 04-20-2009 11:36 AM

Hello :D.

I don't think there is any confliction between Norman and Spybot. I personally don't use Norman however I haven't seen any issues as such with Norman and Spybot as yet. So in my opinion both does not conflict.

I searched online to find out if it does however did not find any issues related to Norman and Spybot.

I myself have Spybot, Malware bytes and AVG and all run smoothly.

I suggest you install Spybot and at the end of the installation if it asks you restart the PC "Don't!", just run a scan on Spybot, if it runs smoothly it means it will run.

I am sorry I can't give you a detailed information about it as I myself have not seen any issues related to Norman and Spybot.

As far as Windows Defender is concern, it is good for nothing. It doesn't work in any way, the most rubbish program I have ever used (you can't uninstall it because it comes with Vista- how lame!). However I am sure that Windows Defender and Spybot works togeather just fine.

Do let us know how you getting along.

Regards

TaMMa89 04-20-2009 01:44 PM

Ok thank Jehanzeb :-). Maybe I'll try that.

Jehanzeb 04-20-2009 03:15 PM

Do let us know though. :D

Regards