The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Calling dressage riders, I'm showing 1st level this fall/winter!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/calling-dressage-riders-im-showing-1st-263137/)

Klassic Superstar 08-25-2013 12:19 AM

Calling dressage riders, I'm showing 1st level this fall/winter!!

I'm so excited to start showing Ollie this fall and winter!
We have competed in two schooling shows this summer and he passed...we both passed my trainer and my own expectations my miles! I couldn't be more proud of my little man.

This summer we showed training level and small green jumpers locally on island.

This fall and winter we will be doing more!! We will be showing first here at home again in October and then after the New Year or maybe before depending on money and scheduling start going off island to Auburn to show at Donida.

My trainer will be hauling out her baby for the first time off island, and Ollie's first time showing off island, neither horse have been to Donida but its Allen prep and set up for summer 2014 when we bring Ollie out to his first recognized E.I shows in hopes to get qualifying scores for 2014 championships!!
This will be the biggest thing we have ever worked on and a level I have never shown at before!

As well as these shows I'm going to be hauling up to my trainer (who is judging the October show!) a couple times over the winter with my mom trainer and her mares for more help. I always get so much from her lessons! :wink:

So I'm starting this thread for any tips you guys may have along the way!
Wether it be from grooming, diet, exercises for Ollie or me or both! To tips for when we are in the ring!!

Feel free to ask me any questions, my best friend gets back from her camping trip tomorrow so I will start weekly or bi weekly videos to show progress and share what we'd are doing for better help!

Here it a quick photo of the two of us tonight, saying thank you for your help and support!
http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4fa0d46b.jpg

tinyliny 08-25-2013 01:03 AM

when in October is your Vashon show? it would be fun to ferry over to watch!

I will miss the Lake Washington Saddle Club show this Sept. (but their shows are very small time anyway). Seems like ages since I've done or watched any dressage. you'll do well, I'm sure!

Klassic Superstar 08-25-2013 01:22 AM

Caroline, I would be so so so happy if you could do that! It would be an early morning for you to come all the way from woodinville area! Let me know if you are going to come, I would love it and you could finally meet the little boy!!

Ninamebo 08-25-2013 12:45 PM

First off, congrats!!! I am very excited for you!

When I first read your posts I was happily surprised as I'm from WA too, so I know of all these things you speak of! ;)

My horse and I tagged along with some friends to a small dressage show a little bit ago and we ended up placing first in both of our training classes- he did so well that I decided we pursue it! I would love to get to where you are someday!

I'm sure you will get plenty of tips for the shows from your trainer and other members, I just wanted to say good luck and keep us posted on how things go!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Joe4d 08-25-2013 01:59 PM

hurray,,, have fun, thats what its about, having fun.

My2Geldings 08-25-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 3453241)
when in October is your Vashon show? it would be fun to ferry over to watch!

That sounds so exciting! I would be pumped! Makes me think hubby and I should go on a trip down there. Seattle is amazing and such a beautiful city. I would move there in a heartbeat.

Klassic Superstar 08-25-2013 02:28 PM

October 12th is the schooling show, I'd love to have you guys come see us in Seattle!!! Love it here!! You would love the small little islands love on!

Yay, another Washingtonian with me! Whoo!! So happy to hear your from here, you should come by Donida for Championships, a lot of fun fun rides, a great way to learn so much and leave itching to get in the saddle!!!

Thanks so much for your support!! I'm so excited!!

Off to grab lunch befor riding!!
The spurs go back on today hehehe

tinyliny 08-25-2013 03:14 PM

Well, mabye we should just do that, M2G! plan to meet up in Seattle, take the ferry , watch Sam's show and maybe I can introduce you to Z and Mac. maybe sneak out a ride in the Park. where in Canada are you? Van?

Klassic Superstar 08-25-2013 03:36 PM

Um yes!! Do it do it do it!!
Talk about fun!
This simply must happen!!