The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   How much do you pay? (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/how-much-do-you-pay-263209/)

barrelbeginner 08-25-2013 02:47 AM

How much do you pay?

How much do you pay monthly for your cell phone. I am looking into getting a smartphone..

Im 16 and will pay for it myself..

this is what I would like to get..

unlimited texting..
some calling minutes.. lol.. pretty much it..

data is required with moost smartphones.. yay:/.. so Im not sure how much it would cost!!..

I just did the kinda thing added cheapest deals to my cart.. and got 80 bucks a month.. thats alot... I think..

sooo whats ur plan.. how much do you pay? Who do you use..( verizon sprint.. at&t ect/.

DraftyAiresMum 08-25-2013 04:12 AM

My boyfriend and I have iPhone 4's on Verizon. We pay $200/month for unlimited talk/text/pix and 4GB of data to share. Sprint was about the same, but with unlimited data (we didn't go with Sprint because we needed phones that night and neither Walmart in our town had iPhones 4's for Sprint and I had a bad experience with Sprint when I was married).

Honestly, if you can save a couple of hundred dollars to buy the phone outright, I'd do that and then go with Straight Talk or one of the pay-as-you-go companies. My best friend has a smartphone (I think it's an LG Lucid?) and pays $45/month for everything.
Posted via Mobile Device

barrelbeginner 08-25-2013 10:25 AM

That is a very smart Idea!! I just looked that website up. Maybe I can get the type of phone( and deal) that I tried with this one..:)!

PaintHorseMares 08-25-2013 10:36 AM

Check out Consumer Cellular, too.
Posted via Mobile Device

SouthernTrails 08-25-2013 11:44 AM

Straight Talk uses mainly Verizon towers (as long as the phone does not have a sim card) if the phone you select has a sim card, it uses AT&T towers, they charge 45.00 for unlimited everything, no contract.....

Dreamcatcher Arabians 08-25-2013 12:06 PM

Check out Net10 and Virgin Mobile too. Net 10 has a plan for unlimited everything for $50/month or if you don't use your phone a lot, you can just buy time. Virgin has one for $35/month. You buy the phone outright, and they have some very reasonable smart phones, and then you get whatever plan you sign up for. NO contracts, so you can discontinue at any time you want, no penalty.

Chevaux 08-25-2013 12:16 PM

My husband and I use our cells for 'emergency' type situations so in other words not a lot. The phones are Samsung and, as I recall, they were about $200-250 each (they can do pictures and receive text messages although I've never sent any). Since we don't use them a lot we buy our minutes rather than having a monthly plan. Averaged out, it is approximately $5 per month for my husband's phone and $10 per month for mine.

Zexious 08-25-2013 12:55 PM

I have the iPhone 5. They are normally $600, but I think it was $300 with my upgrade.

I'm not sure how much it is monthly... I want to say around $150 for a shared account between myself and my mama.

Delfina 08-25-2013 03:11 PM

Iphone 4 through Verizon with unlimited texts, 500mins, 2GB data plus two dumb phones with everything but calling blocked for $119 a month

Hubby builds Verizon cell towers and communication towers for the oil/gas industries so he is in very, very remote locations quite often (business trip announcements start with "is there an actual hotel or should I go get the tent out?". He can connect via a COW sometimes but mostly, he's connecting to tower electronics that are only partially assembled and not on the tower yet, so 99% of the time it's only good enough to send texts to other Verizon phones. His employer pays for him to have an Iphone 4S with unlimited everything.

The dumb phones with everything but actual calling blocked are for our kiddos. They spend 2hrs + on the school bus daily and go to school in separate towns so between that and after-school stuff (and hubby being out-of-ton or in the middle of BFE) I want a phone on each one. Schools encourage phones here due to our remote location.

Crazy thing is because Verizon has mobile to mobile free minutes, I generally use less than 30mins between all phones. Everyone I know has a Verizon phone it seems!

poundinghooves 08-26-2013 10:59 PM

Well, I don't have a Smart Phone at the moment but I do have a AT&T no contract thing. It's $25/month for unlimited texting and I think 200 minutes of talk (not sure, cause I mostly text). They have plans that include data too.