The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   synthetic saddles (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/synthetic-saddles-26326/)

boxer 04-19-2009 02:27 AM

synthetic saddles

Hello I am just wondering what everyone thinks of synthetic saddles and which brand of saddle they think is best. I'm looking at buying my first horse in the next 2 months so am looking into all of my equipment needs.

ChingazMyBoy 04-19-2009 03:32 AM

I personally think that you should get a Synthetic Saddle as I have one and they are great.

trashcore 04-19-2009 03:57 AM

Synthetics are good saddles to start with, a lot easier to look after. :P
My first saddle was a synthetic Wintec. But my horse got wider so it stopped fitting. So I recently bought a synthetic Thorowgood.
You should go into your local saddlery and see what they have to offer, and ask there opinion on what would fit your horse best. :)

Good luck!

boxer 04-19-2009 04:26 AM

the two saddleries close to me stock wintec and kincade synthetic saddles. anyone have an opinion on which is the better of the two?

trashcore 04-19-2009 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxer (Post 291200)
the two saddleries close to me stock wintec and kincade synthetic saddles. anyone have an opinion on which is the better of the two?

Go for wintec.
Everyone I know that has gotten Kincade saddles (or reins) have really regretted it. Supposedly they fall apart at the hem really easily. :|

SouthernTrails 04-19-2009 07:47 AM

Do they have Abetta, Bighorn or Fabtron in OZ?

Freight may not justify anyone from keeping them in you area.

SouthernTrails 04-19-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernTrailsGA (Post 291218)
Do they have Abetta, Bighorn or Fabtron in OZ?

Freight may not justify anyone from keeping them in you area.

Sorry, I think you were talking English.

Wintec's seem to be the most popular around our area, if that helps your choice.

Hoofprints in the Sand 04-19-2009 09:02 AM

I have a Wintec 250 AP saddle and LOVE it! Very easy to care for, can just wash it with a little soap and water, no need to condition or anything - and if it's raining no need to worry about messing it up. Plus they are very LIGHT!

The only thing I dislike about synthetic is the squeaky noise they make when you're posting!! :-) (and the synthetic leathers are difficult to adjust, they don't soften the way leather does) But overall for the price, you just can't beat synthetic, esp for a beginner saddle...mine was only $269.00 brand new!

luvs2ride1979 04-19-2009 01:33 PM

For English saddles, I agree, Wintec. Thorowgood is also a good brand.

For western, I agree with Southern, Abetta, Fabtron, or Big Horn.

mysandi 04-19-2009 01:55 PM

For english I use a Wintec pro and western an Abetta. I love them both.