The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Reining (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/)
-   -   I need a hat..... (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/i-need-hat-263329/)

Muppetgirl 08-25-2013 12:27 PM

I need a hat.....

As the title says, I need a hat! My horse is sorrel.....and I like cream hats.....but I look better in black.....yet my tack would look good with a brown hat.....:shock:

What color hat do you wear and why?

WSArabians 08-25-2013 12:57 PM

Muppet!! You're here!! LOL

I say black, because black is cool.
BUT... You can always have one of each. ;)

Muppetgirl 08-25-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSArabians (Post 3455833)
Muppet!! You're here!! LOL

I say black, because black is cool.
BUT... You can always have one of each. ;)

Yeah you know what they say about black:shock::lol:

WSArabians 08-25-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muppetgirl (Post 3455857)
Yeah you know what they say about black:shock::lol:

Once you go... Oh, I'll stop there.
I'll end up being in your shoes last week. LOL

I have one I never wear but I have a sneaking suspicion your head is bigger then mine. :lol:

Little Mare 08-25-2013 01:06 PM

Well...I have one of each, plus a straw hat, and I identify as an English rider... LOL

I most recently bought a cream hat because my show shirt/pants/chaps are all cream so the black looked silly. For just hacking out/small ranch shows I wear a black one because it looks nicer on me, and I won't get it dirty as easily. My tack is a dark oil, not reddish at all, so I find that any of the colors work.
Posted via Mobile Device

Muppetgirl 08-25-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSArabians (Post 3455889)
Once you go... Oh, I'll stop there.
I'll end up being in your shoes last week. LOL

I have one I never wear but I have a sneaking suspicion your head is bigger then mine. :lol:

You know what they say:

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”

Oh ya, my head is way bigger than yours! :rofl:

WSArabians 08-25-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muppetgirl (Post 3455977)
You know what they say:

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”

Oh ya, my head is way bigger than yours! :rofl:

I could give you a two mile head start and I would still catch up to you on your pokey little QH :lol:

Muppetgirl 08-25-2013 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My tack is this colour, I'm not even sure what color this is! :Attachment 265705

DraftyAiresMum 08-25-2013 01:26 PM

What color is your saddle blanket/pad (or are you just uskng the black pad you have pictured) and what color is your outfit?

I have a cream straw hat for my (future) show outfit. My saddle blanket is tan, cream, brown, and turquoise. My show outfit will be a turquoise shirt, blue jeans, brown chaps, and brown boots with turquoise stitching. I don't have my tack yet, but I'm going to try to go with a medium oil (like yours), hopefully with rawhide accents on the headstall and reins. So, the cream straw will work perfectly with that.

I think your hat needs to match your outfit and saddle blanket/pad, not your tack.
Posted via Mobile Device

Muppetgirl 08-25-2013 01:30 PM

I'm more than likely going to wear green, black or possibly blue (I don't like blue though, does something funny to my skin tone!) with matching saddle pad;).