The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Therapeutic Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/therapeutic-riding/)
-   -   Exciting News!! (http://www.horseforum.com/therapeutic-riding/exciting-news-264937/)

cowgirlnay 08-27-2013 02:08 PM

Exciting News!!

So I have been contemplating getting my PATH certification and getting into therapeutic riding for a while - I graduated with my BS in Animal Science, and have basically been waiting for my perfect job to come along (I had no idea what I wanted to do with my Animal Science degree). It is hard to find a job in an animal industry in my area that actually pays well.

Anyways - I know the director at a big therapeutic riding facility here, and have talked with her a couple times about a job, but there was never anything that I was really qualified for, and they always ended up hiring from within.

Well, she called me out of the blue yesterday and wants to meet TODAY to talk about possible job opportunities!! She would be mentoring me through the whole process, and I would work towards getting my PATH certification as well.

I am soooo excited and nervous!! So prayers for good news, and I'll keep y'all posted :)

Deanie 10-08-2013 06:28 PM

Good luck with the interview for the therapeutic riding job. I'm a huge advocate for therapeutic riding, because I'm a success story myself. Now I write books for children to inspire them. My first book, Tails of Sweetbrier, is about my journey in horsemanship.

womack29 10-08-2013 10:18 PM

I am a nurse and a horsewoman and a huge believer in therapeutic riding. Have seen so many awesome things. It is a calling to work in the field. Wish u the best of luck

hoiski 10-09-2013 01:20 AM

That's awesome! Good luck. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

egrogan 10-11-2013 11:36 AM

Good luck. I am going through the certification process now and have a wonderful mentor who has been so helpful. I hope the job works out for you!

cowgirlnay 10-11-2013 11:53 AM

Sorry I haven't been updating! I got the job!!!!!! It is not a job as an instructor, since I am not PATH certified, but I will be the new Program Administrator at the Therapeutic Riding Center! I will do a lot of overseeing the program, and working alongside the director learning a lot of what she is doing currently. So excited to start!!!

egrogan 10-11-2013 11:57 AM

That's really great news! Congrats. I actually think having a program coordinator role is a great way to gain the context you need to be an effective instructor. At least at our program, the coordinator helps organize lesson cycles, plan special activities, works with the community to identify needs for new programming, etc., all in close coordination with the instructors. You'll really get to know your community, your riders & their families, and think about the needs they have and how the lessons are designed to meet those needs. Really exciting stuff!