The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   English Pleasure (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/english-pleasure-2655/)

taybug 07-23-2007 11:02 PM

English Pleasure

So, I am going to try English pleasure and equitation at my next horse show with my Western Pleasure QH. It's just like a little horse show so I'm just going to give it a go. I was just wondering how English pleasure horses are supposed to move? I've been looking on YouTube and they seem to move the same as western pleasure horses... with that weird gait my horse has (everyone always thinks its a limp) but at my usual horse shows the horses seem to move faster and pick their feet up more. I'm just not sure what the judges want to see from him and I was wondering if anyone knew what I should do?

x-xExclusiveJumpx-x 08-02-2007 12:36 AM

Oh the big bad first show, do you practice at home at all? I would, if not i would start lol. Because if not honestly you’ll look like a bit of a foul lol. Do you have English tack, from you saying she/he rides western I’m guessing possibly no? Or your borrowing hehe, but the there is some difference. She has to have a "trot" which is a extended jog, a correct head posture, which sadly... is not the nose has to be level with the middle/end of her chest. It should be held above the chest, and it is best if she gives her nose in a bit. Which means she is giving to the bit, instead of snatching it from your hands. But that’s about it? You don't have to ride a Grand Prix horse for a fun/open show lol. You just have to well.. it helps to stay on and have fun 8). Enjoy.. post pictures :D.

taybug 08-03-2007 08:53 PM

Thanks for the info but it looks like I won't be showing anytime soon. My horse cut his leg on the trailer and got stitches, so I'm waiting for that to heal up before I do anything.

x-xExclusiveJumpx-x 08-03-2007 10:48 PM

Poor baby :cry: i hope he/she gets better soon. Trailers can be so nasty some times :roll:. Best of luck.