The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   ISO Paint Stud... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/iso-paint-stud-26570/)

Shawneen 04-22-2009 06:18 PM

ISO Paint Stud...

Hey everyone,
New to the forum. Good stuff here!
I am looking for a homozygous black overo stallion. He has to be at least 16h. I have been googling my buns off and have yet to find anything I'm really interested in. APHA's Stallion Alley doesn't have a whole lot listed - what's up with that?
Just curious if anyone knows of any.

Thanks

1dog3cats17rodents 04-22-2009 06:34 PM

What type of horse are you looking for? (Barrels, WP, hunter, jumpers, eventing....) Also, what's your range for stud fee? That will help people look for a stallion:-)

Welcome to the forum BTW

Shawneen 04-22-2009 06:49 PM

Thanks! I am going for a do-it-all horse. I am 6' tall, so I am a big girl. I need a tall horse! I am open as far as prices. I wasn't really wanting people to go out of their way to look. Just wondering if anyone knew of some good ones.

ashleym100 04-24-2009 02:53 AM

are you in canada or the us? too bad you aren't looking for tobianos i know lots of blk/whites

kitten_Val 04-24-2009 08:46 AM

Shawneen, where are you located? If you are interested, I can post your request on local forum (without your info, of course). But it's MD/VA/DC/PA area.

Shawneen 04-24-2009 12:36 PM

My house in in Alabama currently, but I currently live in Iraq LOL
We are trying to sell our place, probably move in or around Missouri. I don't mind having to haul my mares somewhere, or have semen shipped.
I appreciate the help :)

Shawneen 04-24-2009 12:47 PM

Ashley your boy is gorgeous! Reading in the other thread I see you are going to keep him a stud maybe? How tall is he/do you think he'll finish out at? Big bones?
If you are going to breed him I might be interested. If you DO keep him a stud, I would definately get his reg changed to Tovero, you will attract people from both sides of the tracks. I personally don't care for Tobianos, but I certainly look at Toveros!
Nice stuff!

Shawneen 04-24-2009 12:50 PM

I forgot to say that I am really looking for a homozygous black, I really don't want a red baby. But I might be able to overlook that if he's a match for what I'm looking for otherwise :)

ashleym100 04-24-2009 01:32 PM

shawneen

hey there...his dad is 16.3 hh,both his brothers out of the same sized stallion are 16.2+,so i'm expecting the same.rt now hes 15.2+ at the withers and still has lots of growing time.He himself is agouti aa Homo blk...though his red factor is Ee . His dad consistantly threw blk/white foals,the 1's I've seen anyhow.

kitten_Val 04-24-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawneen (Post 295042)
My house in in Alabama currently, but I currently live in Iraq LOL
We are trying to sell our place, probably move in or around Missouri. I don't mind having to haul my mares somewhere, or have semen shipped.
I appreciate the help :)

Iraq is pretty far. Lol! I'll post the question on my local forum. May be someone has what you are looking for. If I'll get any response I'll let you know (don't have too much hope though :D ).