The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   dresden needs a home (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/dresden-needs-home-2658/)

laura 07-24-2007 02:31 AM

dresden needs a home

hi im new on here, i have a big problem i hope someone can help me with, i have a pony who is 13.3 hds 12 yrs old has excellent breeding he is by keston royal occasion, he has always been afraid of new people and doesnt really trust anyone i used to take him to shows and pony club all the time but he has never been fully comfortable but because he was such a stunner in the ring i kept persisting, to cut a long story short i need to find a home for him because i am moving and there is no room on the new place but i dont want to sell him i just want to give him to someone knowing he will be at a good home, he is terrified of men and vets etc, i just dont know what to do. i was wondering if there is anyone out there that is into natural horsemanship or something that would like to take him on. hope to hear from someone soon

meggymoo 07-24-2007 03:09 AM

Hi Laura, welcome to the Horseforum.

Where abouts do you live? Country etc?

firelight27 07-24-2007 03:34 PM

You should advertise to lease him to someone. Then, he is still your horse while they use him. Make sure to put in your add that he needs an experienced rider due to his trust issues. You can write out your own contract dealing the duties of the leasee (care, your visitation right, etc) and you may charge as little as $1 to lease him or as much as you want. Leasee's are in charge of feed, farrier, and vet care with their leased horses just as if they owned him/her. You can set the lease terms to a certain amount of time, whoever long you want. Make sure however, that you like the person you lease him to and feel safe that he'll be taken care of. Visit their home/facilities, and watch them ride him. If they have other horses look at them to see how well they are cared for. Ask for references that you can call and talk to about their personality, habits, horse experience, etc.

I've known peole who have leased horses and its great for the leaser and the leasee. Alot of people who want to ride but cant afford to actually buy a horse look at leasing. 4-H members and pony clubbers would die for the chance to lease a stellar pony performer. Just make sure they are an older more experienced member if he needs it.

desperate horsewife 07-24-2007 05:31 PM

It would be most beneficial to know where you are... :wink:

laura 07-24-2007 06:27 PM

i live in australia, sorry. leasing might be an option the only thing is i still wont have room for him when the lease ends.. but it could be an option for the meantime thanks,

giget 07-24-2007 09:55 PM

were in australia areu

laura 07-24-2007 10:15 PM

melbourne ,victoria

giget 07-25-2007 05:06 AM

can u tell me a bit more about the pony what breed pc history ect

firelight27 07-25-2007 03:29 PM

If the lease runs out and you still don't have a place, odds are that the leasee will want to renew it if they like the horse. Or, if they won't renew, make sure you know before the lease is up. That way, you can advertise again for a new leasee, who would then take over the lease when the other person's has ended. At least the horse will still be yours and will be getting ridden and taken care of while you sort things out and decide what your long term plans for him are.

laura 07-25-2007 09:16 PM

regards to this: can u tell me a bit more about the pony what breed pc history ect

mirinda highland mist (dresden) is registered welsh and could be dual registered riding pony, he is liver chestnut, sire : keston royal occassion, dam: mirinda misty may.Full brother to mirinda dresden, Riding Pony of the Year, Champion Saddle Pony, Royal Melbourne, etc.
he was born in 93, won lots of champs at agi's. but hasnt done anything for about 2 yrs.