The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   I feel so sick. What is wrong with me? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/i-feel-so-sick-what-wrong-266634/)

LouieThePalomino 08-29-2013 09:22 PM

I feel so sick. What is wrong with me?

Well today I am SO glad I stayed home from school. Ugh I feel like I am going to die and I was home alone all day. It all started a couple days ago when I started to get really bad cramps and I figured it was normal because it was close to "that time of the month" but nothing came, it was just these really bad cramps. Untill today. I am bleeding very heavily, and the cramps were really bad at some point. Add that and my stomach was upset and I felt like throwing up. I really dont know if this is normal or not, ive never bled this heavy and I feel sort of weak. Anyone have any idea what is going on or what I can do? I prolly wont have the chance to go to the doctors till the weekend my mom is working till late again tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

CLaPorte432 08-29-2013 09:45 PM

893 Attachment(s)
it can be normal, yes. some women have heavier bleeding and more symptoms then others. they can also vary from month to month.

i used to have very heavy bleeding with horrible cramping for days, bad symptoms including headaches, cold sweats, nausea, horrible back pain etc. i finally went to the dr and was put on birth control pills to help aleviate some of the symptoms/bleeding.

you should talk with your family doctor.

if you are young (im guessing you are) sometimes your body reacts more 'dramatically' while trying to find whats 'normal' for you.

take aleve, use heating pads or the patches you can stick to you (amazing) and rest.
Posted via Mobile Device

LouieThePalomino 08-29-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLaPorte432 (Post 3497786)
it can be normal, yes. some women have heavier bleeding and more symptoms then others. they can also vary from month to month.

i used to have very heavy bleeding with horrible cramping for days, bad symptoms including headaches, cold sweats, nausea, horrible back pain etc. i finally went to the dr and was put on birth control pills to help aleviate some of the symptoms/bleeding.

you should talk with your family doctor.

if you are young (im guessing you are) sometimes your body reacts more 'dramatically' while trying to find whats 'normal' for you.

take aleve, use heating pads or the patches you can stick to you (amazing) and rest.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the advice, I most likely will be going to the doctor after this. I am young, i'm 16 and have had a period for years now but never this severe except when I was just starting out. I relly hate it lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

PaintLover17 08-29-2013 11:05 PM

It could be an ovarian cyst. I had one a few years ago and felt like you described. They are generally harmless and (usually) go away on their own in 2-3 cycles. It's probably a good idea to see your doctor to confirm this though. Your doctor will probably order an ultrasound for a definate diagnosis. If it is a cyst be prepared to feel like this a couple more times.
Posted via Mobile Device

LouieThePalomino 08-29-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaintLover17 (Post 3498890)
It could be an ovarian cyst. I had one a few years ago and felt like you described. They are generally harmless and (usually) go away on their own in 2-3 cycles. It's probably a good idea to see your doctor to confirm this though. Your doctor will probably order an ultrasound for a definate diagnosis. If it is a cyst be prepared to feel like this a couple more times.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh gosh cysts sound terrifying. I really hope I dont have any. Im gonna keep bothering my mom untill she decides to take.me to the doctor.
Posted via Mobile Device

jumanji321 08-30-2013 01:52 AM

My body is like clockwork, but sometimes I do get cramps and the actual amount that I bleed will vary. Seeing your doctor would be a good idea i the symptoms don't go away soon.

DraftyAiresMum 08-30-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouieThePalomino (Post 3499370)
Oh gosh cysts sound terrifying. I really hope I dont have any. Im gonna keep bothering my mom untill she decides to take.me to the doctor.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a chocolate cyst on my left ovary. They're not nearly as scary as they sound. Basically, your fillopian tube didn't close back up when you ovulated and you bled back into your ovary. It's called a chocolate cyst because of the fact that it's comprised of dark brown old blood and looks like chocolate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shoebox 08-30-2013 02:03 AM

It sounds pretty normal to me, actually. Periods can fluctuate wildly into your twenties till it finds it's happy medium. Unfortunately for me each period got progressively worse (gradually but noticeably) till it got so bad I couldn't handle it and I ended up going on birth control - if it starts getting worse or unmanageable, it's a valid option to think about. If this is the first time it's ever been worse than normal you're probably fine (about the cyst thing) but if it persists beyond a normal period length you'll want to get it checked out probably.

ETA: There are more than just that one type of cyst, however I believe that the chocolate cyst is the most likely culprit should you have one. (but don't quote me, I'm not a cyst expert)

LovesMyDunnBoy 08-30-2013 02:09 AM

Since you mentioned feeling sick to your stomach Endometriosis comes to mind as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shoebox 08-30-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovesMyDunnBoy (Post 3500513)
Since you mentioned feeling sick to your stomach Endometriosis comes to mind as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually, the most common symptom of this is pain (not just any pain, if you want the description wikipedia's got it). Nausea does sometimes go with it but let's not jump ahead of ourselves and scare OP - Nausea is not uncommon with menstruation.